Lexx & Stardust

Everything from the ongoing Battle of the Bellringers to wild speculation about Season 5

Moderators: clusterlizard1, Mantrid, gela

theFrey

Lexx & Stardust

Postby theFrey » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:26 am

I just watched a trailer for the new movie Stardust.

I was struck by how much the visuals reminded me of Lexx Season 3. The gondals, the cityscapes ect.... Anyone else notice this, or am I just imagining things? :?

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:02 am

Heya Frey?nice to see you? [smilie=51.gif]

Haven?t seen the movie/trailer yet. I?ll have to check it out?. :smt023

~Elizabeth
a myriad of roses, a symphony of fragrances

eLNunn

Postby eLNunn » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:44 am

Alot of Neil Gaiman's stuff is derivative, but the gondola thing's been done over and over again - I'm not sure the Beans can take full credit for that idea. I mean everything gets recycled - the trick is keeping it fresh looking.

Example. One of the reasons it took me so long to warm up to LEXX (besides a bad roomie that was into it) was because the design of 790 reminded me so much illustrations in an old pulp SF story I read ages ago. I wish I could remember where I saw it, and the title of the story. But that was all it took to put me 6 (7?) years behind the curve, LEXXwise. Maybe you should give "Stardust" a chance.

And on the bright side, DeNiro and Michelle Pfieffer are in it.

And it is nice to see you, theFrey.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people."-

ILyekkaKai

Postby ILyekkaKai » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:02 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind checking this movie out.
...and yes, the trailer does seem to have that bit of Lexx-appeal

...aaaaand ... Hi TheFrey ! :smt006 TAG ... YOUR IT! ....hehehehe..... *runs*..

theFrey

Postby theFrey » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:51 am

I know the gondals are kinda jules-verny, but I was just struck by a very lexx-ish gondal gliding past a very fire-ish city. It was just kind of odd to see so much Season 3 in one clip. :D

:smt039 Hello to all !! :smt006

I'm it huh? ;) Well I knew it was just a matter of time before I de-throned the other 'It girls' *theFrey* rumages around for her crown, the one accessory you absolutely MUST wear when de-throning someone.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am

*Bows to her Majesty* ;)

Yep?the gondolas were very Lexxy indeed Frey. Not much else though.

Nice find? :smt023

~Elizabeth
a myriad of roses, a symphony of fragrances

Lexx_Luthor

Postby Lexx_Luthor » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 am

eLNunn::
Example. One of the reasons it took me so long to warm up to LEXX (besides a bad roomie that was into it) was because the design of 790 reminded me so much illustrations in an old pulp SF story I read ages ago.

Interesting. I got hooked the first time -- the Stan/790 dialogue opening Terminal is what hit me. I knew that I had never seen a filmed TV show like this before (Beavis/Butthead was cartoon). The robot head is simplistic, but an agressive head. That was ground breaking for me. Maybe there are other shows like this, but I never watched much stuff. Also, the overall S2 set looked "warm" and comfortable with the red biased colours inside the Lexx. I found the set attractive. S1 was harsh white to me, and it was a teeth grinding feel when I first saw it later. I'm glad they changed it. Any story behind this set change up at Salter?
Stanly is a moron, kai is a walking dead beet, Xev just want sex.

His Divine Shadow

Postby His Divine Shadow » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:00 pm

I noticed many things have increasingly lexxy music and scenery as time goes on. Twilight Princess has lexx style music for one of the boss fights.
Turns out Gin is still alive. Dying but not dead yet. I hope he is saved.

Tidus

Postby Tidus » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 pm

I watched this film last night. Was pretty dissapointed actually, expected something better, and as someone pointed out, it's nothing like Lexx except for the Gondolas.

Anyone else seen it?

Yoyodyner
Has-Been

Postby Yoyodyner » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Yes, I recently watched it on DVD. I thought it was really good. I especially liked Michelle Pfeiffer (who I normally don't care for) & DeNiro. :smt023

If you wanna get picky... (and you know I do ;) ) the gondola in Stardust really reminded me of the cover for Yes' "Fragile" album. And that's from way back in '72. :-D

Doorknob4kai

Postby Doorknob4kai » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:11 am

havent seen the trailer sorry but I miss lexx and would welcome any think lexx like
its been a long time. I was stuck in a time warp thats why I havent been on untill now.

Return to “LEXX Discussion”