American/European version question

Everything from the ongoing Battle of the Bellringers to wild speculation about Season 5

Moderators: clusterlizard1, Mantrid, gela

Cluster

American/European version question

Postby Cluster » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Taken from wikipedia:

Different versions

There are two versions of Lexx, the European and the American one. One point of difference in the beginning of the first film: in American version, there is no episode when Stanley is fooled and captured by Feppo. In European version, this episode is between the death of Kai and the time when Stanley wakes up on cluster (2008 years later).

Is this true? Does this mean there is part of a Lexx episode i've never seen?

Why are there two versions?

Tidus

Postby Tidus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:22 pm

I think that part is shown on Stan's Trial in season 2.

BunnyFan

Postby BunnyFan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Tidus wrote:I think that part is shown on Stan's Trial in season 2.

Yes it is.

I have seen the Australian version (different cut than the US - not sure how it compares to the European...) and it doesn't have the Feppo scene in Season One either...

MoonShadow

Re: American/European version question

Postby MoonShadow » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Cluster wrote:Taken from wikipedia:

Different versions

There are two versions of Lexx, the European and the American one. One point of difference in the beginning of the first film: in American version, there is no episode when Stanley is fooled and captured by Feppo. In European version, this episode is between the death of Kai and the time when Stanley wakes up on cluster (2008 years later).

Is this true? Does this mean there is part of a Lexx episode i've never seen?

Why are there two versions?

So I just have to look at Lexx again to work out where you are talking about (thanks :) ) but I just want to be sure we are talking about in the 1st movie of the 1st season? I remember the Season 2 cut-back in Stans Trial, but am not sure if I ever saw it in Season 1.

I have the R2 Season 1 and Season 2 versions and the R1 season 3 and Season 4 versions.
All morn by the Zev Zev
All morn by the Zev I lay
I found her lips pressed to my mouth screen
And welcomed a brand new day
I felt her legs wrapped round my tubing
Squeezing my troubles away

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:20 am

Well I cant answer the question asked, but related to that, I am looking at my season 1 DVDS, and at the bottom they clearly state "Includes English (uncensored) and French (censored) version." I think this is the first printing and release (Salter Street Films, Koch Vision).

I am just looking at season one here at the moment. Episode 1 has a sticker on it "Canadian Home Video Rating" of PG, same for episode 2. Episode 3 (Eatiing Pattern) has no sticker, then Episode 4 (Gigashadow) has a sticker and rating of 14A, whatever that means. I have only watched this on USA Sci Fi channel, so could well be i have unedited version I have never watched also.

I realize you are talking of season 2, which is confusing. Originally there were 4 films, 2 hours each, and this is commonly refered to as season 1, but it was never a "season" or show. When it became a "show" the episodes were started as if "season 2" In reality it was an 8 hour, in 4 parts, sci fi movie event, which served as a premier of sorts that was successul enough to warrent continuing with a weeklly tv show, which started as "Season 2" when it was really the first actual season. But it makes sense in the overall continuity of the story and films. 8)

n5-kopele

Postby n5-kopele » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:28 am

There was a scene where Stan was fooled by Feppo in episode 1.4 (or 4.0). Actually two of them, one of them in the past, which the brains reminded Stanley of, and one for real, where Smoor pretended to be a damsel in distress. The past one was then repeated again durung Stan's trial.
I don't know about the DVDs since I don't own any, but that's what they showed on TV.
Българи юнаци!

Vote for Lexx: http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/
Another cool bored: http://cluster424.proboards105.com
http://lexx-bulgaria.hit.bg

Jacha

Postby Jacha » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Well iof I recall correctly....
When first broadcast (and the subsequent repeat) in the UK the scene where Stan is running out of oxygen prior to being snaffled by Feppo was definitely in there, I remember it clearly. I think the actors playing Feppo and Smoor (don't ask me their names, I can't remember) are credited at the end of IWHS along with the two dancing girls seen in Stan's Trial. (Or are they credited at the end of Gigashadow? The credit is for "Dancing Twins") It's been waaay too long since I sat and watched any episodes of Lexx, I gotta get back into the habit.
The point is that the scenes later shown in Stan's Trial were deleted from the video/DVD release, as they certainly aren't in my (UK) copies. Maybe an early Canadian recording has them but nothing commercial to my knowledge.
HDS Cluister Lizard Breeding Facility.
Lizards sometimes free to good Homes

BlackDalek

Postby BlackDalek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:01 am

Hey Jacha, ltns ;)
How are the kitties? Mouser sends his regards :P

p.s. I never did get one of your cluster lizards :P
If you've got nothing better to do... click this

Jacha

Postby Jacha » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi BD.

My six surviving kitties are fine, well if you count the fact that Nimbus has heart disease they are. It's Ceilaer's 18th birthday on Monday - not bad for a Glaswegian alley cat! Pleased to receive greetings from Mouser, he's a sweet furrie. Lots of furs, purrs and catamins headed yoiur way from Ceilaer, Lucky, sapphire, Nimbus, Venus and Rosie. Oh and a peck from my budgie Gresley.

Re the cluster lizard, send me an email with your snailaddy and I'll send you one.
HDS Cluister Lizard Breeding Facility.
Lizards sometimes free to good Homes

LogicDeLuxe

Postby LogicDeLuxe » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Yes, that scene was in "I worship his Shadow", "Giga Shadow" and in "Stan's Trial". I guess, the producers found it too much to show the same scene 3 times and therefore cut it from the first movie in the enhanced version. Enhanced versions exists for "I worship his Shadow" and "Giga Shadow" where mainly the cluster backgrounds are more detailed and some scenes were cut in a different order. Also Kai's voice was added to the opening sequence and Bugbomb's voice was added also. And somehow the holo judge sounds even more silly.

The old version can be usually found on old VHS releases, except for the German DVD's, which still has them, eventhough the enhanced version was dubbed as well for TV and is less cut then the video versions.

And about the season numbering, I don't see anything confusing. Eventhough, the "first season" are actually movies. The numbering of the following shows is consistent in the episode titles on screen as well as every DVD release I know of.

His Divine Shadow

Postby His Divine Shadow » Wed May 27, 2009 1:15 am

I have seen both versions and have yet to see these differences.
Turns out Gin is still alive. Dying but not dead yet. I hope he is saved.

Return to “LEXX Discussion”