Weekly episode 3.0: Eating pattern

Everything from the ongoing Battle of the Bellringers to wild speculation about Season 5

Moderators: clusterlizard1, Mantrid, gela

varrtan

Weekly episode 3.0: Eating pattern

Postby varrtan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 pm

This episode was very impressive the first time I saw it. It is not the sort of thing that would normally be on commercial television.

Planet Klagia survived a war and has been overrun by a bioweapon that infests people with satellite worms, which make the host addictively opiated. So, the hosts have to create "pattern" from bodies to feed their worms so they can fix their addiction and feel good.

Wist's outfit is amazing. It's as if it were sprayed on. I don't see any zipper. I wonder how it was put on.

Initially Kai seemd to have run out of protoblood, but something on Klagia revives him.

LogicDeLuxe

Re: Weekly episode 3.0: Eating pattern

Postby LogicDeLuxe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 pm

varrtan wrote:Initially Kai seemd to have run out of protoblood, but something on Klagia revives him.
Interesting indeed. There is this fluid which apparently is no pattern judging the colorless appearance. Could this actually be protoblood compatible, except even better, and anyone was just too busy to ever notice this fortunate coincidence?

Tidus

Postby Tidus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:47 pm

It's one of my favourite episodes, I like the creepy atmosphere it has, especially when they fly over to the structure and they see a shadow of someone walking past.

It just got kinda silly at the end when Wist turned into a giant snake.

Yoyodyner
Has-Been

Postby Yoyodyner » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Rutger Hauer is so awesome in EP. He was obviously having a helluva good time. He and Barry Bostwick were the only two guest stars to actually interact with the rest of the cast. Tim Curry looked like he was saying his lines somewhere else and they were just edited in. Malcolm McDowell was "there," for a few scenes anyway, but it felt like his bits were edited in too. But Rutger Hauer was there for the duration, over-the-top, and loving it. :smt023

Cesare
Location: Over the hills and far away - where Teletubbies come to play...

Postby Cesare » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Yeah, I absolutely adored Hauer in EP.
For me, his is clearly the best and most enjoyable "VIP guest performance" in Season 1...
And if he really came up with that "lots of birthday parties" line... :-D
Where five hamlets are the unit for judgments, supremacy is attained; where ten hamlets are the unit for judgments, there is merely strength.
[...]
Govern by punishments and wage war by rewards; seek transgressors and do not seek the virtuous.

BlackDalek

Postby BlackDalek » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:43 pm

This is my favourite movie of the first season :D
If you've got nothing better to do... click this

His Divine Shadow

Postby His Divine Shadow » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:03 am

My first ever episode and 2nd favorite.
Turns out Gin is still alive. Dying but not dead yet. I hope he is saved.

Lexx_Luthor

Postby Lexx_Luthor » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:10 pm

I like to think of PPPattern as "establishing" the S2 pppattern of roaming space until finding a ppplanet that lures the crew into ppproblems. PPPattern was the ppprototype S2 lepisode.
Stanly is a moron, kai is a walking dead beet, Xev just want sex.

FRODO

Postby FRODO » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 am

Cesare wrote:Yeah, I absolutely adored Hauer in EP.
For me, his is clearly the best and most enjoyable "VIP guest performance" in Season 1...
And if he really came up with that "lots of birthday parties" line... :-D

I heard that Reutger Hauer hardly stuck to his lines and made up alot of his own during EP. I bet he was great fun to work with. ;)
Frodo the original naughty hobbit...

blondgod

Postby blondgod » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:02 am

EP is my favorite of Season One and the ONLY LEXX episode I don't have!! GRRRRRRRR!!!! Rutger is excellent, and this is one sick, dark, and horriffic episode. I LOVE IT!!

inklanois

Postby inklanois » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Yes...loved this episode. RH is definitely having a good time.
"Stanley Tweedle a man? Thats news!" -790

Return to “LEXX Discussion”