newwww

Everything from the ongoing Battle of the Bellringers to wild speculation about Season 5

Moderators: clusterlizard1, Mantrid, gela

Zoola

Postby Zoola » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm

A big welcome from me and my husband, n5, !!! :-D

Hope you have fun here !
Απο την Ουαλία με αγάπη !
Cymru am byth !

clusterlizard1
Divine Cleric

Postby clusterlizard1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 am

varrtan wrote:Hi, plonker. Sorry, to go off on a tangent.

If someone said "why do those Bulgarians use that funny alphabet? Are they too dumb to use normal letters", that would be a naive comment, because what is normal to the speaker is not necessarily normal in Bulgaria. Also, whether or not something is typical, has nothing to do with how dumb it is or isn't.

There is some social convention about when it's okay to say mean things about others, that I don't get. The usual scenario I find myself in is:

Person A says mean thing about person B
I stick up for person B
Everyone thinks I'm rude

I suppose if someone comments that the guy in an icon is lacking in style, it would be taken as a slightly bitchy but casual comment.

Being mean about a third party because they are "a jap" (for example), I think would be considered rude by most people. But, being mean to someone for "looking like a girl", is somehow not considered rude.

On an unrelated note: I was thinking, the cross-dressing chalga star Azis has a funny name. When people sell used cars in the US, they will say it's being sold "asis", meaning buyer beware, it might be different than what it appears to be. So, it's funny that Azis is a cross-dresser and should be taken asis.

Yeah, sorry to derail your topic Plonker.
By the way, I am in no way offended by what anyone said about Miyavi or Gackt looking like a girl. I am fully aware and have come to terms with that fact. :D

Yoyodyner
Has-Been

Postby Yoyodyner » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:50 am

clusterlizard1 wrote:
varrtan wrote:Hi, plonker. Sorry, to go off on a tangent.

If someone said "why do those Bulgarians use that funny alphabet? Are they too dumb to use normal letters", that would be a naive comment, because what is normal to the speaker is not necessarily normal in Bulgaria. Also, whether or not something is typical, has nothing to do with how dumb it is or isn't.

There is some social convention about when it's okay to say mean things about others, that I don't get. The usual scenario I find myself in is:

Person A says mean thing about person B
I stick up for person B
Everyone thinks I'm rude

I suppose if someone comments that the guy in an icon is lacking in style, it would be taken as a slightly bitchy but casual comment.

Being mean about a third party because they are "a jap" (for example), I think would be considered rude by most people. But, being mean to someone for "looking like a girl", is somehow not considered rude.

On an unrelated note: I was thinking, the cross-dressing chalga star Azis has a funny name. When people sell used cars in the US, they will say it's being sold "asis", meaning buyer beware, it might be different than what it appears to be. So, it's funny that Azis is a cross-dresser and should be taken asis.

Yeah, sorry to derail your topic Plonker.
By the way, I am in no way offended by what anyone said about Miyavi or Gackt looking like a girl. I am fully aware and have come to terms with that fact. :D

:-D Welcome to Lexxfans, that magical place where EVERY thread gets derailed or somehow finds itself off on some weird tangent.

Why? Because we like you! :smt023

n5-kopele

Postby n5-kopele » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:36 pm

I think Azis means "a priest" in turkish ;) So yeah, he chose his name very wisely to fit his scandalous image :) By the way, Azis'es latest scandal act is... making himself look heterosexual! In the commercial for the second season of his show, he's wearing a construction worker's suit and says "Now I'm so hetero, that I can't stand myself". Seems that his new image is working for now and his ratings are better :)

Varrtan, I get what you mean, nice example with the alphabet, it caught my attention :) I find it difficult to believe that it's normal for all or most men in Japan to look like a girl, but still - great post :smt023 My expression of wonder was just why these people have so many fans, who are supposed to be normal in my world too, in so many countries. I mean, how can a normal girl scream at the concert and say "Oh, my god, I want to sleep with him so much"... Is she a hidden lesbian? Is she ok? Both answers seem to be no, since there are SO SO MANY girls like that... I just like to explore everything and try to know the cause and get what I don't understand :) Too bad sometimes people get offended. And I'm so happy lexxfans are above that ;)
Българи юнаци!

Vote for Lexx: http://richlabonte.net/tvvote/
Another cool bored: http://cluster424.proboards105.com
http://lexx-bulgaria.hit.bg

clusterlizard1
Divine Cleric

Postby clusterlizard1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Well.. I have to say that I don't mind looking at attractive females either (as proven by my disappointment about the censored Lexx that was released here in Aus). Fuckers deprived me of looking at S1 Zev's breasts... ffs

Not all Japanese men look like girls, though. It's mostly just the ones in Visual Kei that look like girls (almost intentionally), and Visual Kei just happens to be the most widespread genre of Japanese music.

But I guess you could say that a lot of girls 'like' Visual Kei 'cause the guys are what they call hot/good looking, not because they like the 'music'.

I, personally, follow Miyavi because
A - I think he's good looking,
B - He appears to actually care about all his fans. Even to the point he opened his fan-group to us international weabos, and
C - I think he's got some good songs (not in any particular order).
Most Japanese artist only have their fangroups (think Green Days Idiot Club) open to residents of Japan.

Does that sate some of your curiosity n5?

n5-kopele

Postby n5-kopele » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes! Thanks :)
Българи юнаци!

Cesare
Location: Over the hills and far away - where Teletubbies come to play...

Postby Cesare » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:09 pm

n5...
There has always been a large group of girls who preferred men perceived as slightly or even very effeminate. It's perfectly normal. Girls like nancy boys. (And for good reason, as nancies are generally waaay hotter than machos. :twisted: )
Where five hamlets are the unit for judgments, supremacy is attained; where ten hamlets are the unit for judgments, there is merely strength.
[...]
Govern by punishments and wage war by rewards; seek transgressors and do not seek the virtuous.

clusterlizard1
Divine Cleric

Postby clusterlizard1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:41 am

Cesare wrote:n5...
There has always been a large group of girls who preferred men perceived as slightly or even very effeminate. It's perfectly normal. Girls like nancy boys. (And for good reason, as nancies are generally waaay hotter than machos. :twisted: )

Here, here! :smt023

varrtan

Postby varrtan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:38 am

One thing that's not fair about reality and the typical western gender roles, is that women can be stereotypically girly well into their 70s, whereas men stop looking boyish before they are 30 (usually, before that).

So, the fantasy for guys is maintained by women who can continue to look like girls. While, women seem to change from liking boys to liking men. And, there's less giggling and exchanging diaries and that sort of thing. It sucks.

n5-kopele

Postby n5-kopele » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah, but there's a difference between nancy boys and transvestites... I'm not saying that you should like hairy big-muscled simpletons, but this...

I don't know, I'm gay and I'm quite manly (at least in relation to other gays) and I like my bfs to be manly too. After all, if I like men, I want men, not girls in men's clothing. Well, I had just one slip with a hairstyler, with a funny blond hairstyle, nose plastic surgery and 200 barbie dolls in his room, but that was just an experiment, which failed, and Alice knows that pretty well, so stop mocking me about him ;) And I gave him a chance, because he seemed to have a much better character than looks (which wasn't very hard given his looks), but it seems I was wrong about that too - he also had a tipically girly (not just girly, but chavish and girl-whorish, dunno how to explain it, the word exists only in bg) thinking, which I thought I could change, lol ;)

Anyway, hopefully this off-topic isn't why plonker said hi and stopped posting :)
Българи юнаци!

Zoola

Postby Zoola » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm

n5-kopele wrote:, and Alice knows that pretty well,

Am here to help you with your sex life babe ! :twisted:
Απο την Ουαλία με αγάπη !
Cymru am byth !

eLNunn

Postby eLNunn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 am

n5-kopele wrote:Anyway, hopefully this off-topic isn't why plonker said hi and stopped posting :)

No, you guys probably freaked him out when you sucked all the testosterone outta this thread! ;)
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people."-

clusterlizard1
Divine Cleric

Postby clusterlizard1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:45 am

eLNunn wrote:
n5-kopele wrote:Anyway, hopefully this off-topic isn't why plonker said hi and stopped posting :)

No, you guys probably freaked him out when you sucked all the testosterone outta this thread! ;)

I'll take credit for that. :lol:

Stanelle

Postby Stanelle » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am

n5-kopele wrote:Although I'm gay myself, I really cannot gather why would people make themselves look like this and how they could have so many passionate fans, who really adore them and are not there just for the freakshow. Sorry if I'm offending anyone ;)

You're offending no one. Who gives a shit about who you like to go to bed with with so much REAL crap going on in the world today? :x

As long as you are not trying to explode airplanes full of innocent people on a holiday,...

Happiness is..."where you find it!!" :)
www.xanga.com/Stanelle

Watch Sean Forbes on youtube in DPAN's...(Deaf Pefofming Artist's Network),,, "Deaf Jam!!"...Deaf Rapper!!

Or as Marlee Matlin says: "Read my hips!!"

Return to “LEXX Discussion”