PDA

View Full Version : Stargate

clusterlizard1
10-11-2010, 07:30 PM
NO STARGATE UNIVERSE!

Topic to discuss Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. We'll pretend Universe doesn't exist. :lol:

I haven't seen all of SG1, be lucky if I've seen half of it. I have the entire series of Atlantis on DVD (hooray for collectors tin) and downloaded.
McKay, despite being a prick (not as much as iStan obviously) is absolutely awesome. David Hewlett just does an awesome job of that character.
I got dibs on Ronon. :twisted:

Kairin
10-15-2010, 04:38 PM
have you seen the Ronan/Teal'c confrontation? Really enjoyed that one :P

Is universe really that bad? Ive watched all SG1 and Atlantis and damn they were good. Seems strange for the new series to buck the past 15 seasons of stargate and be crap :/

clusterlizard1
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Yea, I own Atlantis on DVD. Got the collectors tin. xD

And yea, Universe is that crap. If you were go into it not expecting anything like the previous 'Gate shows, than it'd probably be okay... because all they've done (essentially) is make a new show and slap the Stargate name on it, hoping to get the old fans by proxy and some new ones at the same time. It's all about ratings.

But, I think you should come to your own conclusion about it. Second season is starting to pick up. Just a bit.

n5-kopele
10-28-2010, 03:22 AM
It's not a new show and many of the stories are actually reworks of old stargates. I hate it. It's full of senseless episodes. Hope they cancel it soon and get those SG-1 and Atlantis movies done.
I find actually the first 8 seasons of SG-1 a little bit ordinary and boring, but the last two seasons with the Ori are awesome :) Atlantis was pretty great too, although one could see how they were tired and idealess at the end, when every episode was pretty much the same. I miss Torri Higgins as the leader of Atlantis, but I loved how the leader would change every year :)

clusterlizard1
10-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Indeed. Universe is just starting to pick up. Took em a while, but it's still nowhere near as good as SG1 and Atlantis.

I don't think Torri Higginson was good choice for Elizabeth Wier. She just... didn't quite bring any authenticity to character, to me. Her dolphin sound is funny though.
I think they did really well when they brought Woolsy in to be the leader in Season 5, because it added some depth to his character and the show. Like, everyone hates Woolsy, no two ways about it, but by half way through the season, your starting to warm up to him.

Vegas was an awesome episode, in it's own way. I loved how they chose Manson for the Wraith, and the music by Joel Goldsmith during the chase scene is epic. Such a bummer it can't be found or bought anywhere, though.

n5-kopele
10-31-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll wait for the whole SG-U half season to get aired and then I'll watch and comment.

But I hated the Vegas episode, especially knowing it was pre-last! I hate CSI and they made a CSI Atlantis - not my typpa show.

I want more Vala mal Doran and I hate how quickly and ridiculously they ended the whole Ori story-arc! I would have loved more of that!

Veyron
11-01-2010, 12:04 AM
I'll wait for the whole SG-U half season to get aired and then I'll watch and comment.

But I hated the Vegas episode, especially knowing it was pre-last! I hate CSI and they made a CSI Atlantis - not my typpa show.

I want more Vala mal Doran and I hate how quickly and ridiculously they ended the whole Ori story-arc! I would have loved more of that!

CSI Atlantis? :wtf:

clusterlizard1
11-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Yea, the Vegas episode was shot like CSI, but it gradually morphs back to Stargate style.

clusterlizard1
12-18-2010, 08:02 AM
lolol Stargate Universe has been cancelled! XD

I can't decide if I'm ecstatic or bummed out. First season was crappo, second season was starting to pick up.... Meh, I guess I'll decide once I see the last ten episodes.

n5-kopele
12-19-2010, 06:17 AM
I was happy when Caprica got cancelled and I like SGU much less than Caprica. You're right s2 was slowly starting to pick up, but very very slowly. By that rate we could have had good episodes by season 20.
Hopefully something better will take their places, although I'm not very full of hope. It seems Syfy wants to do more superhero shows :(
If V gets cancelled after its second season there will be absolutely no ongoing sci-fi shows from your continent that I will watch.

clusterlizard1
12-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Sci-Fi/SyFy used to be my 'holy grail' after Cable/Pay TV here stopped airing Lexx. It was like 'wow, one channel dedicated to Science Fiction *musthavemusthavemusthave*'.

And now, it's all gone to shit. I mean, Wrestling? Really? Ugh. /rant

n5-kopele
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes! And they hardly produce anything good anymore. It's all superhero shows.

Eureka is okay, but nothing more.

I want space sci-fi back!!!!!!

clusterlizard1
01-19-2011, 05:31 AM

I know right? Sanctuary is okay... not great, just ok.
Space sci-fi is the original, therefore the best.

BlackDalek
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM

I know right? Sanctuary is okay... not great, just ok.
Space sci-fi is the original, therefore the best.

I want Blake's 7 back! :P

...... *eerie silence*

I'll get my coat....

adventurer
02-24-2011, 05:39 PM
The Stargate movie (1994) , SG1 and SGA opening and ending theme music were entertaining.

What did you think of the SG1 and SGA Series finales, and Ark of Truth and Continuum? We need that 3rd SG1 and 1st Atlantis movie. What are their statuses?

CLUSTER LIZARD 1 SAID"
I think they did really well when they brought Woolsey in to be the leader in Season 5." "Halfway through the season you're starting to warm up to him."

Woolsey started out very bureaucratic , but throughout Season 5 started to think differently. I think being under fire with O'Neill had him see what the dangerous situations SG1 and SGA were really like, as opposed to merely studying them and giving advice. I really respected Woolsey when he recommended Weir remain as head of SGA to the ISA.

How do you think the Season 2 SGU cliffhanger will be resolved?

Caprica was good. I am sorry it was canceled.

clusterlizard1
03-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I haven't seen Ark of Truth or Continuum yet. I'm still going through the SG1 series, so.. :)

Damn, that SGA movie needs to be made. I wouldn't mind knowing what happens with Todd the Wraith, since he's on the best feeding ground ever and never does anything without there being something in it for him.

adventurer
03-09-2011, 04:34 AM
That SGA movie will feature Todd. Hopefully it will be made as the SGA Series finale ended on a cliffhanger.