Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We Need a very Serious LEXX Video Game !!

DVD-Roms, Playstation and Computers are now the newest and hottest medium

I know thee has been a lot of talk on this board about a Lexx Computer Game, but we need something very big with massive graphics and sound.

James Earl Jones in a Command & Conquer computer game, Patrick Stewart in Xmen and StarTrek video games, Tia Carrere doing the Daedalus Encounter, Michael Caine in a batman video game, Samuel L. Jackson in GTA, Halo 2 stars like Julie Benz, Ron Perlman and other noted talents such as Pierce Brosnan, Jet Li , Jackie Chan and Judi Dench

http://www.ukretro.co.uk/cpstorefront22 ... oduct=1255

the video game and computer screen could become the best medium for the Lexx revival and renaissance

Re: We Need a very Serious LEXX Video Game !!

Even though I think, that they'll be none serious LEXX Video game in the future, I still think we need one.

I once said it, and I'll say it again: If you could properly program, I would use this engine. Compatible to the biggest OperationSystems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS and some others, I think) and with nice graphics already implemented (as you can see on those tech demos on the site) it can be the ideal plattform in making one LEXX Game - in 3D of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevs Gondola
    I know thee has been a lot of talk on this board about a Lexx Computer Game, but we need something very big with massive graphics and sound.
    Even though graphics and sound is a big point in games, it is not the biggest. A good game is playable. I never liked Resident Evil or Tomb Raider, since it had bad handling. Resident Evil 4 is a different story of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Xevs Gondola
    James Earl Jones in a Command & Conquer computer game, Patrick Stewart in Xmen and StarTrek video games, Tia Carrere doing the Daedalus Encounter, Michael Caine in a batman video game, Samuel L. Jackson in GTA, Halo 2 stars like Julie Benz, Ron Perlman and other noted talents such as Pierce Brosnan, Jet Li , Jackie Chan and Judi Dench
    Well, let me tell you this. Voice actors (including these stars) are overrated. Even though they can make a good game bad with bad voice overs, they're getting far too much money. The minimum pay of a voice actor is 1250$ per hour, with a 4 hour minimum and a maximum voice acting for 3 characters (I'm not sure about the last part, but it's new). The programmers themselfes, who I think are really making the game are underpaid. They get 40.000$ a year... Even though that might be much, concider that they work 65 to 85 hours a week - without getting paid for extra hours. Btw: The guys at Electronic Arts are getting only 20.000$ a year, "normal" worktime a week is 65 hours.
    There are not much game developers/publishers that realise, that their workers have a reallife... "If you don't like it here, you can try to work for someone else." is the main motivation that you can get there - that was a real quote from one the powers that be at EA

Well... I'm getting far to offtopic...
    Well, I don't know if anyone is interested into doing a LEXX game at all. Getting a licence will be the harder part... Even getting the actors to lend their voices to the game might be difficult, even though it might be possible with some of them, since they seem to be really behind LEXX
    Everything is best viewed with FireFox or Safari

A lot of games today can use a monkey-island style gaming with a technique called FMV or full motion video. RE's video game cutscenes suffered from infamously bad voice acting. Command & Conquer series and Quake II offer excellent examples of games that use FMV to step completely outside of the game mechanics and offer views of the game universe outside of what?s shown during game play. Gabriel Knight, Wing Commander III, Black Dahlia, conspiracies, The X-Files Game, Dark Side of the Moon and Daedalus Encounter used these methods they are third-person LucasArts-style games, taking place in a real-time 3-D virtual world or somewhat 'Myst'-alike

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Ph ... flesh4.jpg
    http://www.cdrom-shop.com/prod_pics/2901scn2.gif
    http://www.planetdreamcast.com/features ... dex2.shtml
    http://home.tiscalinet.ch/arianet/soluc ... gk2_05.jpg

The Video game market is a massive seller, Mairo, Quake, FinalFantasy, Half-life, ResidentEvil-Biohazard, Sonic, Tomb raider have all been huge hits. There hasn't been any really good FMV game in about 7 years, this could be the a good option

I haven't even played most of these games

but the computer market could become a very good way to inject new life into Lexx

Just stoping by to say - Resident Evil is my favourite game! Except RE 4, it ruined the whole impression of the previous 3...
    Lexxian forever :)

My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    Just stoping by to say - Resident Evil is my favourite game! Except RE 4, it ruined the whole impression of the previous 3...
    According to sites like future-gaming and computer-investor, RE sales have been massive

Resident Evil Outbreak has sold 540,000 units in America and 290,000 units in Europe, Resident Evil II achieved pan-European sales of around 1.1m at full price and the Resident Evil franchise (I, II and Directors Cut) is believed to have managed over 9 million worldwide.

Despite the fact that I know it would never happen, I desperately want a Lexx video game on nintendo 64 - as I basically grew up with N64 and cannot control any other gaming system properly.

I sound ridiculous, don't I?

Hi :D
    Shuf-fle heel, shuf-fle heel, shuf-fle hop-shuffle-step, fuh-lap heel. Shuf-fle heel tip, fuh-lap fuh-lap fuh-lap tip - stomp dig!!

Doubt it will happen and there isnt exactly a lot you would be able to do on in the game related to lexx, as a general rule movies to games or games to movies dont work too well (look at mortal combat, street fighter, resident evil) the best ones do average at best
    "The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them..."
    "Oly Oly Oxen Free"

Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    I love Resident Evil too, and I agree that RE4 was a bit dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairin
    Doubt it will happen and there isnt exactly a lot you would be able to do on in the game related to lexx, as a general rule movies to games or games to movies dont work too well (look at mortal combat, street fighter, resident evil) the best ones do average at best
    Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat are great movies! Alias, Farscape, The X-Files are great games!
    Lexxian forever :)

My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile