Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Login problem

Login problem

Every time I come on the board it requires me to login... twice.

I tolerated it at first but it's starting to grate on me.. what do you think could be the problem? My cookies shouldn't be the problem, because I don't experience the problem with any other board, and yes, I always check the "Log me in on each visit" box.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?

I've had this happen a few times and the only reason I can think of is that somewhere in the config the board is configured to be at lexxfans.com when it should be www.lexxfans.com. I seem to remember phpbb asking for the root url in a couple of places, and it's important to put the same adress in all of them.

If it's not that then it certainly is connected to the www. part somehow, but I don't know how or why it behaves like it does.
    I never make typos. I meant to speel it like that.

Re: Login problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus
    Every time I come on the board it requires me to login... twice.

I tolerated it at first but it's starting to grate on me.. what do you think could be the problem? My cookies shouldn't be the problem, because I don't experience the problem with any other board, and yes, I always check the "Log me in on each visit" box.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening?
    This happened to me all the time.
    I just log straight into my private messages now and it log's me on right away :D

I have also been experiencing this problem for the last two weeks or so. Sometimes login is fine, but pages time out when they load. That's happened a couple of days. Nothing major so far, but I have noticed it.

I'm very sorry for the problem. It seems to be connected to the latest upgrade of phpBB2- the bored software. I have no probs here myself, but I've found myself repeatedly having to log in to the forum at the phpBB site itself even though I click the option for automatically logging in.

There is some discussion about this prob there, but no solutions have been offered yet. I'll look into it and hope to have the prob taken care of as soon as possible.

The_Grubermeister- Sorry about the time outs. That's a prob at the server end caused when there's high demand. It's annoying but sporadic.
    Stanley Tweedle is a god, a warrior, and a gent

No Longer At This Address
    For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn. Jane Austen

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I do have to login 2 on other sites & sometimes here, but that doesn't bother me since it might have to do with that particular site their using or my ISP; I wish there was somemagical cure, but all I can say, is to just keep trying. I've had no problems here of late, but there's been times, when I've had to login in here 2.

Have a great, lovable February,
    Jhevz ;) [smilie=icon_zev.gif] [smilie=icon_xev.gif]
    Happy Spring

Has someone fixed the login problem now?
    Because every time i go in to log on on normaaly it does it right first time :D

That's good to hear, Cluster. I mucked about trying to fix the prob a day or so ago and it seems to have worked.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks to all for their patience.
    Stanley Tweedle is a god, a warrior, and a gent

No Longer At This Address
    For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn. Jane Austen