Thread: Help please!!!

Help please!!!

Everytime i try to play a film on my comp, the picture is upsidedown on real player, windows media etc...
    Can anyone help me out with how to fix it???
    I'd be really grateful!

Have you tried standing on your head? :-D
    My name is Pinhead and I approve of this post.

Does this happen with every video file you try to watch? Does this happen with legitimate DVDs, downloaded stuff, or both? I've heard of this problem due to DivX and XVid codecs.

Is the problem recent? Have you tried updating your players and changing the setting there? It may be the settings in your video display driver, a conflict, or, what I think likely at this time, a codec.

You might try removing codecs and reinstalling new ones. HERE's some info on that.

Incidentally, I'll move this to the Help forum but leave a shadow topic here so that more people can find it.

Just editing this post to fix the broken link for removing codecs.
    This post goes to eleven.

Yes pinhead :-D
    --------------------------------------------

I downloaded divx tonight onto my comp (it's a new one) and the picture on all files are playing upsidedown :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cluster
    Yes pinhead :-D
    --------------------------------------------

I downloaded divx tonight onto my comp (it's a new one) and the picture on all files are playing upsidedown :(
    So it is the Divx codec as I presumed? If you have a new computer, and just downloaded DivX, have you tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling another Divx bundle (codec pack)? Do you have the latest version?

You might try installing ffdshow, I believe it has a flip option: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=53761
    This post goes to eleven.

No more worries guys.
    I just fixed it :D