Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theFrey
    Quote Originally Posted by RIII
    I'd always hoped to be a little taller myself. ;)
    Tell me about it.

For some reason, which I don't remember, I had my sights set on 5' 8". I was most unreasonable about not making it, and discussed with theMother the lack of tall genes her family brought to the table. She was her normal incredibly sympathetic self and told me to get out of her face and get over it.

****sigh****
    LOL - the fact that my mother was taller than me was a never ending source of delight to her. I feel your pain. ;)
    For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn. Jane Austen

Well l had a wonderful weekend. I went to the Flemington race track with my brother. All went well till my genius brother advised me to take off my steel cap boots and put on a pair of gumboots, cause we were going to walk the horses and it was quite wet and muddy.

My brother : ?Oh come on Liz, put on these gumboots, what?s the worse that could happen?get your foot trod on by a horse, no ones that stupid.? :oops:

So l?m chatting away with one of the foremen, and my dumbo brother backs out the horse?

My brother : ?Watch out Liz !?

Me : ?OOOOUCH ? Gee thanks for the tenth of a seconds notice!?

?Today l am nursing and hobbling around with a very black and blue toe, that would give Funky?s humped one a run for his money?

~Elizabeth
    a myriad of roses, a symphony of fragrances

I'm off to the coast today.
    Wish me luck.

Cheery bye , ya all! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by ilyekkakai
    I'm off to the coast today.
    Wish me luck.

Cheery bye , ya all!
    Good luck :smt023

I'm staing in today, most probablly :(

Have fun ILK! :smt028
    Get well soon, Cluster!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves
    For they shall never cease to be amused.

Got back from coast today.
    Had a splendid time.
    I was'nt gone long enough.:lol:

.. and ..

I hope you're doing better Cluster :)

Glad you enjoyed your trip, ILK. I'm heading off today on a trip up the BC coast. Got a fantastic rental house to stay at on the beach in an area rather renowned for its artists and writers; back late Sunday evening. Ah, the plans are now altered somewhat.

We planned this trip as a little "thank you" for my parents, but they had to cancel. My wife, daughter and I will still go, and since they don't live too far from the ferry terminal which will take us to the Sunshine Coast, on Sunday evening we should be able to do something special with them.
    This post goes to eleven.

Nice to hear you enjoyed your trip ILK. :smt023

My son just came back from his indigenous camp today. The lucky little bugger was treated to an array of Aboriginal cuisine. He ate Kangaroo, Crocodile, Witchetty Grubs, Emu, Lizards?etc. (who?s a lucky boy then ?) Mangawurra (their aboriginal guide) taught them how to carve, paint and throw a boomerang. On their walkabout they learned that moss is a great healing agent for cuts, infections and various skin problems. They were also taught to keep a pebble in their mouth ,as it produces saliva and abandons the desire to drink. They learned to be conservative with their water supply, so what little they had was for drinking purposes only, NOT FOR WASHING YOURSELF !

Well needless to say, the little stinker came home today, with a big smile on his cute face. What do you think his request for the day was ?

PLEASE MUMMY, I WANT TWO HAPPY MEALS !

So today I?m doing loads of washing, and taking the boys out to the shops. I did have plans for this evening but l have cancelled them because my sons have requested l stay home and watch a DVD with them this evening.

~Elizabeth

P.S? have a wonderful time with your family Funket.

Thank you Funky..:)
    ..and...Wow, sounds good .. enjoy your trip !
    ... I am sure that these are the times to enjoy life to it's fullest...
    Make sure you take the camera and capture the memories ..
    ..your young one and yourselves will enjoy those captured times fondly for years to come . . . now, why dontcha check out this latest digital cam we happen to have on sale ... LOL! :P

And elizabethlwrnce, thank you :)

.. as far as your son and his indigenous camp...awesome!
    ..wish I'd 'ave had that as a kid!

Heck.. wish I had that now.. it sounds like it was alot of fun.

...tho, I don't blame 'im on that Happy Meal request .. there's nothing quite like those creature comforts we have come accustomed to. ;)

It's good that you are able to spend quality time with your sons, not many parents in this busy world are quite as fortunate .

I have laryngitis, and my ears are blocked.

So l guess that would make me deaf and dumb.

~Not a very chipper Elizabeth today. :(