Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Get well soon...
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves
    For they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanks Pony...all better now...x

Today I?m going to squeeze in a couple of hours painting, before heading off to my sisters quilt exhibit, at a Fitzroy gallery. She?s a brilliant quilter but she has had a difficult time breaking the traditional moulds. The old fogies are more than set in their ways, and simply turn their noses at the more contemporary quilts. Sis has come a long way, and made a name for herself in the industry, and no longer needs to compete. Tonight she will be exhibiting with two other quilters, and believe it or not, she never sells her magnificent pieces?she gives them all away to friends and family.

Then we?re going to the Bar for a few?cheers :smt023

~Elizabeth
    a myriad of roses, a symphony of fragrances

Looks like some of you are up to more than I am. I'm only up to 5' 1/2". :(

Hehehe... I'm not much taller than that...
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves
    For they shall never cease to be amused.

I hope you enjoyed your quilt exhibit Elizabeth. I went to a local quilt show last weekend and really enjoyed it.

LOL - I'm way, way over your head jerhume, clocking in at a mammoth 5' 3 1/2" or there abouts. ;) It's a good job self-worth isn't a matter of size, but of character. ;)
    For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn. Jane Austen

Yes, your right RIII, size doesn't matter :)
    My name is Pinhead and I approve of this post.

Well l?m off with two gal pals to the Chelsea Art Show today. I?m looking forward to seeing a friends body of works, which will be featured there. His paintings take an ionic birds eye view of the idiosyncratic nature of human movement and settlement in urban spaces in our country.

Here is one of his paintings. I?m not at all partial to this particular style , but he has made quite a name for himself.

He has exhibited in Tokyo, New York, London and All over Australia. He has won the Prestigious New York, Pollack Krasner award, and continues to be one of Australia?s most exciting and collectable artists. Go figure ?

Anyway, one must be supportive of their friends, and it?s a shame to let all that free food and wine go to waste? :oops:

~Elizabeth

I shot a music video with my rapper. It was in the seedier area of town and the dirt and gang markings were a great back drop. I had to buy a ghetto blaster from a pawnshop and dodge the drug apes and parking violation officers.....

Part two is downloading the video, also I got this softbox for photography and will post a jpeg if anyone wants to know what it is. I am also working on covers for the last two CDs we have before launch of the label; a bouce back from the car accident I had yesterday morning..... And best news is that the rapper is off probation soon and can travel!

I love animals, and l have a particular soft spot for runts. I?ve found over the years that extra time and TLC, goes along way with the little sweethearts. If given the chance, they grow up just as big and strong as their siblings. It?s so hard for them in the beginning? the strongest always seem to bully the runts away from the mothers care, and nutrition.

I am currently the proud owner of a 5 week old English cocker-spaniel runt. There were 13 in the litter, and it was the mothers first. It was far too much work for her, so l volunteered to be the pups mummy. (much to the delight of my boys) She refused to eat or drink for the first few days, and is now feeding quite well. I have her in my bed at night, and listen to the dear little thing suckle in her sleep. It was touch and go there for a while, but as l have found with most runts, she is strong willed. I am also finding toilet training a breeze with her. Cockers love water, and as l live by the beach, she?ll fit into our home, and our environment beautifully.

Ironically, the day l brought her home, l rang my sister to tell her the good news, and her beloved Samoyed, had just died.

So, what am l up to today ?

What, with work, my art ( which has to sit on the back bench for a bit), gardening, raising the children, and now weaning a pup?I?ll be catching up on some well earned sleep today.

~Elizabeth

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    Today I've been checking my e-mails, checking on 2 hotel sites in Atlanta, GA, going onto Sadgeezer, thevisitors.info boards, doing some math for room rates, resting, taking photos of my Spiritual Vampire costume, looking at some crafting books, making a sign for Dragon*Con, going onto my Spiritual Space, posting on scifi-com's board, going onto my main Profile & coming here.
    Tomorrow, I'll be making hotel reservations, checking my Spiritual boards, going onto a couple of airline sites, resting, checking the boards on my main Profile & posting more on my Spiritual Journal.

Have a great July & Summer,
    Jhevz ;) [smilie=icon_zev.gif] [smilie=icon_xev.gif]
    Happy Spring