Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Re: The Lowlight Of Your Day

Forsworn are nasty, especially the casters. (The one's with the briar hearts.) Hagravens are nasty casters as well. Falmer are easy when you sneak since they're blind. I like Dwemer ruins. I liked them back in Morrowind because of the background noise. All that creaking metal.

Anyway, /v/, in one of their many complaints, were talking about CHIM and how that makes everything you do in Elder Scrolls games basically pointless. Something about the Godhead. I was reading into it and, as usual, they got it wrong. CHIM is basically how characters like Vivec and Talos, got to be as powerful as they are/were. it's more about the game twisting the fourth wall. Vivec, in essence, has access to the same tools as the developers. He can "pause" and drink healing potions just like the player. he can bring down the console (on PC anyway) and cheat his way to what he wants.

You can read more here: http://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2 ... nd-part-1/
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Well, some of you may know I enjoyed the Negima manga. Well, it's over. The final spoilers were posted today.

I really enjoyed the series and now it's gone. And they never really answered anything. Nothing about his father, the stuff about his petrified village was dealt with in a look at 130 years in the future, then rescinded because they go back then forward seven years... Goddamn it.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

My grandmother died at 9pm last night and we didn't find out about until 8am this morning because stupid people are breeding and common sense seems to be absent in the human race these days.
    The nurses at the home didn't think to look in grans mobile for phone numbers to call. Apparently they only had two numbers on their records. One was a defunct number for my aunt, and the other was my uncle (of sorts) who was out of town. Like WTF? I wasn't super close with my gran, but my mum took it really hard, and she's had the shittiest week ever, anyway.

Tuesday mum was sick, and she was going to be late for work and she couldn't call in sick because her sick days have all been used up, so she had called them and told the manager that she'd be late. Well. The manager said that she'd write her up on a non-compliance (pretty much an official warning).
    That pissed mum off cause the entire time she's worked for the company, she's given them free overtime, both by being early and by staying late.
    So she told the manager she quit, and she called the area manager and told her too and just couldn't stop crying and thought she was headed for a nervous breakdown.

So, she booked an appointment with the doctor, cause she was feeling anxious and nervous and was just a wreck, and he gave her Eleva (an Anti-depressant/anti-anxiety/etc just google it), and took some blood for a blood test.
    We came home and she took one of the tablets, and then not even an hour later she was really sick, throwing up.
    It escalated pretty fucking quickly to her vomiting pretty violently and vomiting up blood, to the point I had to call an ambulance.

Then, when we got the Hospital, we were waiting to be seen by anyone for half an hour. Just FYI, Flinders Medical Center (Adelaide, Australia) Emergency Dept is laughably inadequate. Can someone say understaffed and useless?

At this point, mum had been throwing up constantly for at least an hour and a half. Blood, not food. Begging for someone to give her something to knock her out, and we had all these fucking nurses just walking past like la-dee-fucking-daa.

Well, I hung around the hospital for four hours, until 11pm, then came home and went back the next morning as they kept her overnight for obs.

So yea, my week has been spectacular. /sarcasm
    More disturbing than your creepy uncle...

Sorry for your loss.

And yeah, as for your mother, things can only get better from here, right?

Im sorry too and i wish to express my sincere condolences.
    But dont worry, you will see her in the next cycle of time, as you saw her in the last.

I have been in a little cyber-war in the Forever Knight genre on Facebook. It's a shame how some people can't get along with others and play nice.

Motherfucker.

Someone slammed into the rear end of my '89 Crown Victoria. They hit it and drove off. I had that car since high school and it had under 50,000 miles on it.

I just... Fucking asshole.

I reversed mums car into my car while reversing. Fuck fuckity.
    Both cars are fine (mostly); cracked mums rear quarter panel, hit the rear passenger door on my car and left some scratches, though.

I hate this whole learning to drive thing why can't we just be born knowing this shit?
    More disturbing than your creepy uncle...

NOT enough sleep!

Re: Lowest point that can get no lower....

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelle
    J. Fernandes has not yet stepped down as future president of Gallaudet University.
    Really? Oh My Fucking God. Is there no rest for the wicked? :twisted: