Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fully Automated Lexx Voter! :D

Ok, so i got thinking today about making an program that would automatically vote for you. I just wasn't satisfied w/ that program that simply reminded you to vote. It wasn't enough for lazy don't care about voting people like myself. :P So after a few hours of work, i got it done! :D Once you turn on your computer the program will vote for you every hour until you you turn your computer off. So if you leave your computer on over night you can rack up 24 votes a day! :D

Requirements:
    Windows XP (probably works on other windows versions too)(Sorry apple users, but this kinda program isn't possible in macintosh)
    High speed internet (dail up users should use that voting reminder instead)

Downloads:
    This one votes for Lexx, Firefly, Roswell and Charmed-
    http://files.filefront.com/LexFireRosCh ... einfo.html
    This one votes for Lexx only-
    http://files.filefront.com/LexxVoterzip ... einfo.html

Install:
    To automatically start the program everytime you turn your computer on, unzip the file into your startup folder. On windows xp the start-up folder is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    (notice: If you simply try double clicking on the Voter.exe there is a 1 minute delay until the program starts voting. This is to prevent any problems while your computer is still booting up!)

How it works:
    Everytime you turn your computer on the program will automatically start. About a minute after you turn your computer on it will start voting. A notice will pop up saying its voting and not to touch any keys. The program will then automatically launch internet explorer, check the shows, and then cast the votes. It will vote again every hour thereafter. So you can basically just leave your computer on while you sleep and get 24 votes a day! :D

If you have any problems, let me know and i will do my best to help.

Sounds very cool :) However I don't see any big difference between the new results... Actually I'm noticing a drop in our votes. Could it be because voters rely on the program and their votes are not counted?
    Tell you what, I'll make many of my friends upload that program on their startup programs and if that doesn't work, than there's sth wrong.

By the way, with the new voting format it's easier for them to detect scripts/cheating and they said it somewhere, that if they suspect an IP to produce scripted votes, they'd delete all votes for that day from that IP. I just hope they don't catch us ;) And I hope everything works fine with the program :) Imagine, if everyone gives the program to a friend and he installs it in that startup folder, we'd rock :) I'm a little sceptical, but I really hope it works!!

EDIT: I started it, it loaded up after the promised minute, it opened two windows: tvvote site and TV Voter by Cloaked. But both at the bottom, doing nothing. At first I didn't wanna touch anything, but the curiosity was too strong, so I clicked to open the voter to see what it shows. It showed: "Run-time error '5'. Invalid procedure call or argument. "
    It didn't vote, it only opened the site. Or did it vote? Did I do sth wrong?
    Lexxian forever :)

My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    Or did it vote?
    I did not try that tool, but you can find out easily. Just open the site the usual way and vote. If it says "WE'RE SORRY!" then the tool probably did vote (providing you did not vote within the last 60 minutes, of course). If it says "Thank you for voting.", you can be pretty sure, the tool didn't.
    Wenn's regnet, dann volle Suppe.

Well it didn't :(
    Today, when I started the comp, the same thing happened. The TV Voter by Cloaked started, it said "voting, don't touch the keyboard", I didn't touch anything and still the error appeared again. It only opened the site, so I voted manually.
    I did exactly what you said. Downloaded it, unzipped it in the dir you said.
    Can you think of a reason it might not be working, cloaked?

The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

vote where? I want to vote! please tell me where !!! now ! I never sleep I can vote for Lexx! sleeping is over rated any way.
    its been a long time. I was stuck in a time warp thats why I havent been on untill now.

Never mind I found it 8)

any way I dont know what fire fly is but I'll vote for that too!

I'm not sure what voting will actually do for lexx since I dont pay attention and I dont read things before I act. But what ever it is I'll vote for Lexx!!! Devoted Lexx fan!!

I want my Lexx!!!!
    and I want it now!! and I want a 5th season! Lexx is too cool to let die!
    its been a long time. I was stuck in a time warp thats why I havent been on untill now.

EDIT: I started it, it loaded up after the promised minute, it opened two windows: tvvote site and TV Voter by Cloaked. But both at the bottom, doing nothing. At first I didn't wanna touch anything, but the curiosity was too strong, so I clicked to open the voter to see what it shows. It showed: "Run-time error '5'. Invalid procedure call or argument. "
    It didn't vote, it only opened the site. Or did it vote? Did I do sth wrong?
    Oops, thats my fault. I fixed the program and you can download it here:
    Lexx, Firefly, Roswell, and Charmed Voter-
    http://files.filefront.com/LexFireRosCh ... einfo.html
    Or Lexx Voter-
    http://files.filefront.com/LexxVoterzip ... einfo.html
    Just replace the old file in the startup folder.

Thankfully i think you were the only one that downloaded the buggy version. Try to get as many people to use this as possible. I'm sure it will improve our votes once enough people start using it. :)

btw, this program basically emulates someone typeing by sending your computer keyboard commands, and theres even a little bit of variance in the voting time so its not allways at exactly 60 minutes. So hopefully they wont catch us. :twisted:

You mean you programmed it to vote for example 62 minutes after the first vote, then 65 min later, 61 min later etc? Or does it wait from 61 to 67 for exapmle randomly?
    And how did you ever manage to create that one ;) It's so cool, Lexx got 390 votes today and I think it might be your program causing it :) I can't wait to see tomorrow's results ;)
    I'll tell you whether I succeeded voting tomorrow, when I start the comp, because I'm extremely sleepy now and won't wait for the next hour to test it :(
    G'night and many thanks :)

Well, I waited last night to try the voter, I ran it when the time to vote came and it voted successfully (I didn't try voting manually to be sure, but it showed no errors). So I went to sleep happily leaving the comp on. On the morning however the same Error 5 had appeared. I turned it off and when I came back from school just now, the program started after turning on the comp and the same error appeared :(
    Cloaked, does it work perfectly with you? Could you think of anything from my side that might be causing the errors?

PS: The two friends I sent it to said it showed them the same error. So how could it work on your pc and not on ours... We're speaking Windows XP Professional, right?

Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    Well, I waited last night to try the voter, I ran it when the time to vote came and it voted successfully (I didn't try voting manually to be sure, but it showed no errors). So I went to sleep happily leaving the comp on. On the morning however the same Error 5 had appeared. I turned it off and when I came back from school just now, the program started after turning on the comp and the same error appeared :(
    Cloaked, does it work perfectly with you? Could you think of anything from my side that might be causing the errors?

PS: The two friends I sent it to said it showed them the same error. So how could it work on your pc and not on ours... We're speaking Windows XP Professional, right?
    I've been using it for the last few days with no problems. That error only comes up when the program tries to access the web page before the page has loaded. Most likely, the problem is that your internet or computer are slower than mine. I'll try to adjust the program tommorrow so that it checks to make sure the web page has loaded before voting. Then we should be bug free. :D