Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Japanese Anime

Re: Japanese Anime

OK I want to mention

Hitman Reborn. I know its really old but I just discovered it and I love it. But I must say that I'm not finished reading it and I cheated I didn't start at the beginning I started where my favorite character comes in Belphegor, but I'm learning about all the other cool characters. I like a lot of them not just bel any more. I was skeptical about how much I would like it since it is shounen and I tend to shy away from shounen but I love this series. Glad it's still available to read on the net.

OK new anime to fall in love with!

Sword Art Online! I'm obsessed with it! Heart!

:clap:

Strike the blood is pretty decent as well.

Any one else around here?

I like SAO as well.

Right now I'm watching Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, and Black Lagoon.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Thanks I will enqueue them. I make occasional stabs at new anime and am usually not thrilled. I am extracting audio from Urusei Yatsura OVA DVD so that I can annoy others and impress myself by having a ringtone that is Lum saying "Dahling".

My anime knowledge goes something like:

Several new things
    Chobits
    Planetes

Kimagure Orange Road
    Urusei Yatsura
    Maison Ikkoku

Studio ghibli

The first anime that I ever tried to watch was Sailor Moon which for some reason I treat like a delicate flower. So after years I still haven't finished watching it or reading it. I have the japanese manga and Sailor V and translations.

Her awesomeness Gina Biggs creates a minor movement of sorts here:

http://www.strawberrycomics.com/

Speaking of Sailor Moon, Funimation got the rights to it and has remastered it and uncut the WHOLE thing. Even the season that was never released in the U.S.

It's on Hulu and has new episodes added on Mondays.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Yup SAO won me over too. Now I'm waiting for the next season. C:
    What's Attack on Titan like? I've had a friend tell me to check it out...
    More disturbing than your creepy uncle...

Attack on Titan's pretty good. I can't really compare it to anything. But I will back up your friend's suggestion to check it out.

SAO season 2 is out. japan only but I have my ways so I have a subbed version as it's being released. It's far better than ALO but a totally different feel than aincrad. I'm still obsessed it's that damn good.