0 0%
  • Japan (Ninja)

4 40.00%
  • Germany (??? Why Not???)

1 10.00%
  • Other

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What is your favorite foreign culture and why?

My Favorite foreign culture is probably Japanese.

Japan is one of the few countries I know that still has strong family values.

(all though I'm not a huge anime fan I only watch some).

Note: Tied with Ireland and Russia.
    Turns out Gin is still alive. Dying but not dead yet. I hope he is saved.

You forgot a few countries. :P

Didn't have time for all countries and some didn't appear. I also forgot to add other as a choice.

I added "Other" for you. :smt023

It is impossible to pick just ONE.
    Where five hamlets are the unit for judgments, supremacy is attained; where ten hamlets are the unit for judgments, there is merely strength.
    [...]
    Govern by punishments and wage war by rewards; seek transgressors and do not seek the virtuous.

Well pick a few and say why.

Also thanks for adding other Yoyodyner.

Fine...
    French - for Louis XIV., gothic architecture, poetry, wine, food and petanque and simply for being so wonderfully French.
    English - for various reasons - literary tradition, architecture, gardening, Monty Python and for being so wonderfully English.
    Icelandic - just watch some movie by Fridrik Tor Fridriksson and you'll get the idea...
    Russian - the folk tales, the vast lands, all those wonderful songs like Oi moroz moroz and the whole bewildering complexity that is contained within the word "Russian".
    Chinese and Japanese - for being sexy and exotic... And complex. And *different*. And for the martial art flicks and the horror movies.
    Romanian - I love the language and like the music... Romania is quite a unique and alluring country within the European context.
    American - for the incredible internal diversity and the blurring of the borders...
    Canadian - the geography, Lexx and Voaden's "Wilderness" are good enough reasons...:-)

And so on and so forth... I would probably have to list any culture that I am at least vaguely familiar with... Would take a lot of time. Generally, I am probably somewhat more drawn towards France, Britain, Scandinavia and the Balkans than to other regions of the world - but come to think of it - the more you know about a culture (any culture), the more fascinating it is...
    Where five hamlets are the unit for judgments, supremacy is attained; where ten hamlets are the unit for judgments, there is merely strength.
    [...]
    Govern by punishments and wage war by rewards; seek transgressors and do not seek the virtuous.

Japan.

yep, that sums it up for me.

Their animation rocks (anime/manga). Their clothing style (Kimono). their language (Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji).

in fact, i'm sorta trying to teach myself Japanese. :D

hmm, how about everything?

yeah that'll do.
    More disturbing than your creepy uncle...

don't forget katanas. :-D I personally want a Masamune.

Katanas are totally cool, but I like yatagans better...
    [...]