View Poll Results: How long should a person wait to propose?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • several Years

3 23.08%
  • 2 years

6 46.15%
  • a month

0 0%
  • 3 or more months

3 23.08%
  • After relationship survives a major fight.

1 7.69%
  • During the honeymoon Phase

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marriage check

Well, HDS, I sure hope your future wife will be happy with you. For HER sake.
    Where five hamlets are the unit for judgments, supremacy is attained; where ten hamlets are the unit for judgments, there is merely strength.
    [...]
    Govern by punishments and wage war by rewards; seek transgressors and do not seek the virtuous.

Not all marriages end in divorce......

Thirty years and still going strong!! Maybe it's because we live in Amishland, Ohio!!

Who knows? :lol:
    www.xanga.com/Stanelle

Watch Sean Forbes on youtube in DPAN's...(Deaf Pefofming Artist's Network),,, "Deaf Jam!!"...Deaf Rapper!!

Or as Marlee Matlin says: "Read my hips!!"

[quote=His Divine Shadow]
    Quote Originally Posted by "n5-kopele":10xc2oq6
    I don't think one should propose at all. If the two are compatible and live well together and love each other, why would they need marriage? They could spend their lives together and have 10 kids without the paper and all the money that goes with it. On the other hand if it doesn't turn out well and they want to separate in a few years, they'll have to divorce, have 1000s of fights over property and give millions to laywers, who don't deserve them or the time. So I'd love my life with someone and ask for marriage perhaps when we're 80 years old and we have lived at least 40 years together :)
    Marriage exists so that children will have parents to raise them. I believe divorce is a very evil thing. If I was married ,regardless of how unhappy I was, I would be murdered by my wife before I would get divorced. Even if I have to let her kill me.[/quote:10xc2oq6]

I'm sorry HDS but my parents practically did kill each other and I"m very glad they are divorced. And I would be extremely sad if you or any one else died to end a marriage I dont think that is a reasonable solution.

OH but I did want to say that I do believe in marriage and I think marriage is the ultimate sign of love. And no I don't think divorce is always a good thing too many people get divorced because they are just to lazy to make it work.

I'm saying I would never agree to get a divorce. I would fight for the marriage regardless. Recently however I'd say marriage is not in my future. Many of the women I meet are whores. Not all but many. On the bright side watching other peoples relationships is like a soap opera. :-D
    Turns out Gin is still alive. Dying but not dead yet. I hope he is saved.

Quote Originally Posted by His Divine Shadow
    I'm saying I would never agree to get a divorce. I would fight for the marriage regardless. Recently however I'd say marriage is not in my future. Many of the women I meet are whores. Not all but many. On the bright side watching other peoples relationships is like a soap opera. :-D
    No one will marry me either so don't feel to bad. I look like zev before the loveslave transformation, and I have too much baggage. And I'm a little sorry to hear that so many women you've met are whores thats terrible though I dont much like women myself so I dont know why I would try to convince you that they arent' all whores I have another word for them. But don't give up because I can see lots of good things about you, and I know that some other good woman will too! You just haven't met her yet thats all.

Oh I haven't given up. My decision was to try dating outside of my country once I have enough money to travel. Perhaps I'll find love oversea. Either way I'm in no rush.

Well, I've tried with a Ukrainian, a Polish, a Greek, a half-Russian, a half-Turkish and I'm currently trying with a Chinese ;) I don't know how it'll turn out with him, but there are a lot of cultural differences and difficulties in understanding. So there's no substitute for the domestic production :)
    Lexxian forever :)

My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

Just dont do something crazy like mail order brides. Hmmmm and which countries are you considering going to I think problems could arise from certain cultures. Maybe you could get away with UK and Australia or maybe even german I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob
    Just dont do something crazy like mail order brides. Hmmmm and which countries are you considering going to I think problems could arise from certain cultures. Maybe you could get away with UK and Australia or maybe even german I dont know.
    Actually I know someone with a mail order Russian bride. They've been together for ten years I think.