William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are 80 this week

This week William Shatner ( Kirk), and Leonard Nimoy ( Spock) will be 80. It isn't a surprise, except when I watch programs of them from the 1950's to 2000. As I am watching them from that time, I know they aren't the ages they appear in those programs, but it is still a surprise after to witness a picture and/ or interview with them today and realize they are not that young now.

Re: William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are 80 this week

When either of them pass away, I will take a bereavement day, as they've been more like family to me than most of my real family.

How so?

When Shatner and Nimoy die, I also will mourn. Interestingly enough, when DeForest Kelley and James Doohan died, It didn't affect me as much as I thought it would.

How did their deaths affect you?

Which one do you think will die first?

YOYODONER SAID"

They've been more like family to me than my own family"

How so?

William Shatner over the last 25 years has been piqued with curiosity as to what made Star Trek a phenomenon. Even he was mystified as to what it was that caused fans to devote a significant portion of their lives to it . Shatner wrote a few books on the subject,and even went to a convention donning an alien mask , and asking the fans questions disguising his voice .

The curiosity remained , so Shatner constructed a movie " The Captains" , which interviewed all the including Shatner ,actors and actresses that played the main Starfleet captains. Did you see this ? If so what was your impression of it?

I never liked any of the old Trek series. I tried, but I didn't. I also hated the Enterprise ones. But I did like the Star Trek movie from 2009, I just watched it last night at a friend's. Very well done.
    Lexxian forever :)

My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

JJ Abrahams Star Trek has a way of enrapturing fans the way some of the other Star Trek doesn't

Back in the day, they rocked it, today, sad shit indeed!!

R.I.P Mr. Nimoy.

Sorry to hear of the passing of such a stellar individual.
    For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn. Jane Austen