Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are we officially dead dead?

Last post was June 26 and it's July 10th? :crazy:

Re: Are we officially dead dead?

I just haven't had anything to say. I've been pretty absorbed with all kinds of nonsense and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3. Can't say for anyone else.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

sorry life is taking precious time away from my important internet addiction! (it'd probably help if I paid for my own instead of waiting for the neighbors net work to re appear or going to local places with free wi fi). Still I haven't even been on the internet for weeks now. Only to download stuff other wise I don't have time for posting on my usual forums or playing RPG's any more.

As far as are we dead? I've been wondering that for a long time. I love you lexxians and I don't want to break ties. But if this site goes bye bye because of lack of interest I understand. We are all growing up and growing apart as is the natural flow of things.

Still any one want's to stop in and start a thread I'm game. I'll be making one shortly bitching about the retarded new transformers movie. Bleck!

The new transformers movie is crap? I was actually looking forward to this one. Tell me more...

All I'm gonna say is go see it in 3D. Don't waste time on it if you can't. It has amazing CGI and that's really it. And I'm not saying it isn't worth seeing at all it's just that you need to see it in 3D to get something out of it. But if you want a movie that has a story and you want a story you haven't already seen in the first two movies then this isn't the movie for you. Also I'm angry over the new characters looking too human. This was an animated series and if the artists wanted robots that looked human they damn well would have drawn them that way, but they didn't. So what does that tell you? They took a huge steaming pile of shit on the hard work that the original artists and creators did that made a solid fan base that Hollywood is now sucking dry. I also feel it ignores those of us who are female fans. I loved transformers as a kid (I also liked GI joe by the way) but this movie totally ignores the females. It's pumped full of testosterone which is ok but it's shallow and lacking leaving nothing for me to be interested in. And Optimus prime and the auto bots get so very little screen time. Where's our beloved bumble bee? Iron hide? There are very, very few scenes with them. They are giving too much screen time to Shia LaBeouf while he didn't bother me before but for what ever reason he pisses me off in this movie! He comes off as winy and annoying as hell. Now I hate him. If I never see him in another movie again it couldn't be soon enough.

Don't get me wrong there are some scenes during the war that are exciting but my short attention span was being put to the test. I didn't even know I was doing it I kept thinking about what I was going to make for dinner and other stuff us women type/ moms think about. Then I would realize hey I'm not even paying attention to this movie what did I miss?! and when I'd start paying attention again nothing new was even happening! So what does that tell you about this movie? And then at some point the battle was taking so long I was actually wishing the movie would just end. I was so bored and uninterested because it was taking so long! I already knew who was going to win, so I don't even have that to surprise me.

Also I have to have a little chuckle to myself because two of the new characters that they introduced, there was so little character development that when they died I was actually glad instead of sad. I was like thank you annoying little assholes! Good bye! I had no feelings for any characters other than the auto bots that I never even got to see in this movie! That's how lousy the writing is 0 character development. When some one died I was going why should I care? And the ones who were annoying me I wanted to kill them myself. Too bad Sam witwicky didn't die. Now I hate him too.

But hey don't let me stop you from seeing it. I'd also be interested to see what some one else has to say. There might have been somethings I missed while I was zoning out which was a good deal of the time. Still it has to be pretty boring to lose my attention like that, I usually love movies and I can't remember the last time I zoned out during a movie. I even took my ADD meds that day so what the hell? I know I have a short attention span and all but movies are suppose to be entertaining enough to hold even the shortest of attention spans. So what does that tell you?

But at the end of the day you be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob
    It has amazing CGI and that's really it.
    Isn't it the same with most of that Bay dudes movies? "CGI AND IT WILL BE GREAT! BAHAHA! WORLD DOMINATION IS MYYYNEEE!"?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... we could be dead. We look a little dead. We might even smell it too, though I did mean to throw out that rotting corpse last bin day... keep forgetting... >.>
    More disturbing than your creepy uncle...

LOL

Last time I checked being dead was super sexy! I know one dead thing I'm still in love with!

well I'll be back with more hilarity later when I think up more stuff.

Man I really ripped into that movie ha ha! But that's just how I slice it.

Hugs and love to the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyodyner
    Last post was June 26 and it's July 10th? :crazy:
    Infact I have been quite alive recently and that's why I haven't visited that much. But I'm really sad that I don't do it anymore and the golden days over. I still remember how I managed to organize everyone and get Lexx on the 20th place on that voting site :))
    Lexxian forever :)

My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

I know but the newer fan base if any is dwindling and unfortunately we aren't the only Lexx forum around. That's too bad because we are the old school originals and we had too much fun when we were official.

Some one needs to buy the rights too it (And it should be us) and make a spin off or something.

I know we have a kinship but we need fresh blood honestly to keep the site alive. Maybe if we just went sci-fi. It's not like there's anything new going on with the series that started it all. And we all need to face the reality that there never will be a return from the lexx. Like all good cult series the fan base is dieing slowly and none of us can stop it.

When is the last time some on posted on the main board any how? I'll be checking momentarily after this post.

It sure is too bad the archives are pretty much gone. Last time I even tried to navigate them I couldn't. I'd love to read our old post and relive the nostalgia.

But if we do decide to shut down or at least change from Lexx to something more general then please notify me. I'd like to keep in touch with the last members left standing. maybe we can add each other on face book. I hardly even use my face book any how but let's putt our heads together on this.

Maybe not Facebook (I hardly use it) so much as our most used IM programs. I use GTalk all the time. Everything else (MSN, Skype, etc) is almost always turned off or in DND mode. I'm pretty sure my email is visible if you visit my profile. If anyone feels like talking, you can find me there.
    More disturbing than your creepy uncle...