Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Moderator BlackDalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arse Trailer
    Posts
    2,288

    The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    I couldn't help but notice that there is a sickening lack of cool Lexx themed T-Shirts available to buy online.
    So I decided to make a few T-Shirt designs myself after the beautiful ILK suggested a design she wanted to have.

    Here they are -
    ILK's new shirt
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blackda ... season-3-1

    And 4 more simple single colour designs...

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blackda ... tern-black
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blackda ... tern-white

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blackda ... tern-white
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blackda ... tern-black

    I have a whole lot of ideas floating around in my head and will make more if I have time.

    If you've got nothing better to do... click this

  2. #2
    Administrator Janika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Branson, MO, USA
    Posts
    450

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDalek
    I couldn't help but notice that there is a sickening lack of cool Lexx themed T-Shirts available to buy online.
    So I decided to make a few T-Shirt designs myself after the beautiful ILK suggested a design she wanted to have.

    Here they are -
    ILK's new shirt
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blackda ... season-3-1
    Ok, huge question here. We totally got trounced at MegaCon in 2007 for selling caricatures of the Lexx crew on t-shirts, all proceeds going 100% to charity. I am given to understand that there is a fine line between licensed product and artwork copyrighted to a fan/artist. Even though there was no legal case and we were cleared by the convention CEO to do this, collateral damage took out a Lexx specific part of the artist's business website, where he showcased his Lexx caricatures, again, totally legal for him to sell caricatures to clients asking for them for personal use. I went through such a dizzying mess over that, I want to know, CAN you really do this? I have already been turned down by an international sports t-shirt factory because of the licensed product thing, they wouldn't touch it, even with my own designs off screen grabs. I'm really glad you are making t-shirts, because I've been scouring the internet myself. And I think we should grab some of these as quickly as possible, just in case.
    You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation. I have no sense of self preservation and can always be reassembled. --790


  3. #3
    Senior Member n5-kopele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    It doesn't load for me and I can't see it, but in BG you can print any picture you want on a T-shirt and in the end it will still cost you less than any T-shirt in the store/market/online. Is that anything different?
    Lexxian forever :)

    My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

  4. #4
    Administrator Janika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Branson, MO, USA
    Posts
    450

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    It doesn't load for me and I can't see it, but in BG you can print any picture you want on a T-shirt and in the end it will still cost you less than any T-shirt in the store/market/online. Is that anything different?
    Hey, you. 8-)

    I forgot to come back and post that I got that t-shirt in the mail and I love it.



    Maybe try this url for that shirt?
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/blac...rk_portfolio_1

    I looked into just slapping pix on tees in several places around where I live, which is actually a sports and tourist t-shirt mecca, and it's $50 per new design even if I walk in with one I made myself, plus cost of the tee, because the printers around here handle bulk and that's just how they work. Also, big licensing no-no's, you can't even have a licensed character from a tv show scanned onto a birthday cake unless it's already in an approved book. I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but around here it's super strict. I looked into having Sliders tees made years ago when the show and nearly everything else on the internet disappeared, and no one would touch it. Same with Lexx. I think redbubble will let artist renderings slip through a little, I've also got a Merlin tee from redbubble.
    You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation. I have no sense of self preservation and can always be reassembled. --790


  5. #5
    Moderator BlackDalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arse Trailer
    Posts
    2,288

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Cool! Looks even more awesome than I imagined ;)

    If you've got nothing better to do... click this

  6. #6
    Senior Member n5-kopele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Quote Originally Posted by Janika
    I looked into just slapping pix on tees in several places around where I live, which is actually a sports and tourist t-shirt mecca, and it's $50 per new design even if I walk in with one I made myself, plus cost of the tee, because the printers around here handle bulk and that's just how they work. Also, big licensing no-no's, you can't even have a licensed character from a tv show scanned onto a birthday cake unless it's already in an approved book. I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but around here it's super strict. I looked into having Sliders tees made years ago when the show and nearly everything else on the internet disappeared, and no one would touch it. Same with Lexx. I think redbubble will let artist renderings slip through a little, I've also got a Merlin tee from redbubble.
    I'm shocked... I mean USA has always been much stricted than Bulgaria (freedom right?), but this... You are carrying your own design to their printer and you're paying for the print and the t-shirt. They are not legally responsible for what they're printing - you are, because you're carrying the design. So it's very strange that they're refusing.

    For Christmas I printed several T-shirts with the logo of my site for friends and christmas awards to readers participating in our christmas games. A cool T-shirt costs 11.80 leva (6 euro) and a less cool one is 9 leva (4.5-4.6 euro). The print in that is about 5 leva, the T-shirt itself is 4 or 6.80 leva. I'm not sure if these low prices are because my logo is only black and white, but still. They also give discounts for big quantities.

    I'd print you some T-s with whatever you want here, but I guess the transport costs to send them to you would make it reach the same price :/
    Lexxian forever :)

    My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

  7. #7
    Administrator Janika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Branson, MO, USA
    Posts
    450

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    For Christmas I printed several T-shirts with the logo of my site for friends and christmas awards to readers participating in our christmas games. A cool T-shirt costs 11.80 leva (6 euro) and a less cool one is 9 leva (4.5-4.6 euro). The print in that is about 5 leva, the T-shirt itself is 4 or 6.80 leva. I'm not sure if these low prices are because my logo is only black and white, but still. They also give discounts for big quantities.

    I'd print you some T-s with whatever you want here, but I guess the transport costs to send them to you would make it reach the same price :/
    For a Lexx shirt? Who cares about the price??? :lol: omg, just design some Lexx tees and fill the void, man. :thumbup:

    I went to a local airbrush artist and asked him to design a one-off Lexx tee for me. It's expensive and I'm happy to pay it, and when it's done I'll be taking pix. It won't be for sale or charity auction, it'll just be for me to look at and gloat and maybe wear to a convention someday. I've decided to take my Lexx hobby seriously. If the merch isn't out there, I make my own. There's not a lot I spend money on, so this is my thing. I might build a collection of super rare and collectible Lexx t-shirts over the next ten years just because I want them.

    And if you put a link up to Lexx tees from Bulgaria, I'm in. 8-)
    You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation. I have no sense of self preservation and can always be reassembled. --790


  8. #8
    Senior Member n5-kopele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Well why not?

    In the meantime, a little bit off-topic, but look at what my friend made for me :)



    (click for bigger size)

    Actually it wasn't supposed to be Kai, just some figure with big hair. But when I saw it, I immediateliy thought of him, forced his hair back, leaving a strand hanging on the side and here he is :) I asked her to do me a Zev one for my bday :)

    Btw, she does a lot of different figures and sells them, so if someone's interested in buying Lexxy figures of this sort, I can ask her :)
    Lexxian forever :)

    My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

  9. #9
    Administrator Janika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Branson, MO, USA
    Posts
    450

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Quote Originally Posted by n5-kopele
    Well why not?

    In the meantime, a little bit off-topic, but look at what my friend made for me :)



    (click for bigger size)
    A Kai dolly! It's all the thing now in Star Wars to use Legos and 'baby' cartoons to print on t-shirts, would be awesomely cute to put Kai and Zev dollies on tees, too. :D
    You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation. I have no sense of self preservation and can always be reassembled. --790


  10. #10
    Senior Member n5-kopele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: The lack of Lexx T-Shirts on the internet...



    Okay, so if someone here is realy interested in a Lexx T-shirt or dolly, write me a pm :) My friend told me that shipping to USA by post offices costs far less than I thought, although it could take a month for a shipment to reach its destination. So if you're interested, contact me :)

    And if you're interested in her too - http://www.etsy.com/shop/Handmady - this is her online shop
    Lexxian forever :)

    My Bulgarian website on science fiction: SciFi.bg
    The anthologies that featured my short stories (for now only in Bulgarian): My Goodreads profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

by

WebDesign by SyFyDesigns