Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Magic the gathering

Yes I have her in a red white green deck for the mana fixing. But my problem is balance. Either i get too much mana and no playable cards or I get cards and all the mana seems to magically sink to the bottom of the deck when I need it. Right now I'm pitting it against my mid aggro vamp deck. This deck just can't handle a faster deck. I need to get these cards out in four turns and that's hard. I need a perfect hand to pull it off and I never get the cards I need at the top of my library. So yeah avacyn sucks because of her high mana cost. I had one perfect hand that won one time. So far though the vamp deck is a win.

Yes I have a pure white deck with one of her. Sam hates it. It's a stall deck with lots of removal and stall cards. It usually works but I find that with out being hex proof angel of avacyn just gets killed right away or cancelled and other horrors that my sisters deck contains. There are no white cards that can make her hex proof to my knowledge. I'd even play older cards because this is a casual deck I'd never be stupid enough to go pro with it. I know it suck I"m not stupid. But I'm not familiar with old cards as you are. I came exactly as ravnica came out.

I'll be looking up some of those cards you mentioned.

If it's for casual play, add Swiftfoot Boots to your Mono White deck. They a two cost Equip card that gives a creature hexproof. So they'd have to go through the boots in order to get to her.

If New Phyrexia was still around, I'd suggest Priests of Norn and Porcelain Legionnaire.

I had an Elesh Norn deck for a while...
    Mindcrank: Whenever my opponent loses life, they discard two cards off the top of their library.
    Priests of Norn: For cheap, I get blockers with infect.
    Suture Priests: Suture Priest takes a life from them when they play a creature. (See Mindcrank)
    Etched Champion: Since I had a lot of artifacts, he was unblockable. (See Mindcrank)
    Sun Titan: I get to bring back anything with a cost of three or less when he enters the battlefield or attacks. (Suture Priest, Mindcrank, and Etched Champion were all three or less mana.)
    Norn's Annex: You can't attack me unless you pay one white mana per creature... Or two life. (See Mindcrank)
    Caged Sun: On turn six, should we get there, I get to double all my mana.
    Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite: All my creatures get +2/+2. All yours get -2/-2.

And all that stuff, save Norn herself since legendary, layers. So if I had four Suture Priests and four Mindcranks, playing a creature would cost you four life and sixteen cards off your deck.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

sounds pretty broken. I will be checking some of those cards out for sure.

I haven't played magic in a while I've been dirt poor this month and now I'm working on moving so I've been busy.

Yeah I will get swift boots for my white deck. Sounds awesome.

Only one issue with my Norn deck. It's slow as hell. Well, for the Phyrexia block anyway.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Well I'm all excited for pre release again! I don't understand how pre release came so soon this time? I guess the gate crash block just wasn't that good.

I'm hoping I have the money to go to it though since I'm still working on moving and my money is soooooo tight this month. I did promise my daughter we'd go though.

Well, I hope everything works out.

Every thing will be fine! I finally found out I've got another month to stow away money so now things are a bit more flexible.

I'm not real impressed with this release. I'm still excited to play though and see how it turns out.

I can see "Master of Cruelties" being a card I'd find some way of using.

Yeah I did lowsy at the pre release. And so did my poor daughter. It was literally her birthday and she didn't even win a single round.

I think pre release is luck based. It depends on what you get and who they pit you against. And I almost felt sorry for beating this one girl. It was obvious she was a beginner and didn't have a clue what she was doing.

Well still looking forward to the next pre release ha ha ha!

I still say this set was not too impressive. A few good cards but that's it. I didn't rush out and buy a box either. I didn't have the money for it but even if I did I wouldn't have.

Yeah master of cruelties is pretty good. I think I may have drafted it but not sure.

I'm getting better at drafting a bit. Either that or playing. I did win a round but lost all the others.

Well, you pick yourself up and try harder the next time. And yeah, pre-releases are all about what's in your packs. If you get jackall in your packs then you'll probably have a better time getting up and going home.

And so quickly after after retiring, I might come back for M14. They're bringing the Slivers back.