Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Magic the gathering

I don't particularly care for slivers. I don't think I will be able to handle it. But I will be there for pre release or try to if money allows.

Right now I'm building the aristocrat deck. I know it's a little late to be building something that's flipping over in September but I love this deck. I have the craziest side board ever. I can't afford sorin lord of innistrad so here's my side board

2 boros charms
    4 sin collectors
    2 glaring spotlight
    3 dread bore
    2 assemble the legion
    2 suppose to be sorin but I"m thinking about being an asshole and putting something like cloud shift ha ha! No I'll probably put something else here I just don't know what a good cheap sub for sorin is.

Reminds me I miss my black/white demon deck. I still have it, it's just incompatible now since it had New Phyrexia stuff in it. (Praetor's Grasp.)

I should write down my deck lists some time.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Well I never did go to the M14 pre release. And from the sounds of it I made the right choice not to go.

I've changed my aristocratics deck around a bit. I didn't got junk aristo though. I can't afford that type of upgrade. I don't know what I will do when it cycles out in september. I just can't afford to keep up with new decks in magic. I may stick with drafting even though I suck real bad at it. It's just cheaper in the long run to draft.

I may go to the next pre release. Not sure. It depends on what the cards look like in the next set.

Next set is "Theros." It's a top-down look at Greek mythology, with Magic's flair.

Gonna see a new card type too. But there's the best news: Likely a Sun Titan reprint. (Maybe even the other Titans.) Also maybe a new Elspeth.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/theros-spoiler/
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Looks promising. I may go to this pre release if I have the money. I have a headlight out and other car problems. Stupid car.

I keep getting my aristocrats deck changed by the seniors of the store. For better of for worse. I want to stick rest in peace back in and also find a way to get assemble the legion in their but my side bored is stuffed. I might get rid of obsedat ghost counsel. I never use it. Also the blood baren of viscopa is only useful against black white decks or black or white decks. I love him/her it.

I haven't played in forever. And most of my gaming budget goes to Team Fortress 2.

I might try getting in to Theros.

Well no pressure here.

It's just something I can talk about that any one actually responds quickly to. I probably will play in FNM even though I have to wake up early.

That's part of the reason I stopped going to FNM. Going 'til one in the morning just wasn't working.

Especially when there was a 30 mile drive both ways.

WOW 30 miles. I only live 5 mins away from our game shop.

yeah I finally won 3rd place (and yes that's awesome for me) last friday. And here I thought my deck sucked. Nope turns out that most of the time it's just me that sucks.

I'd also like to add that I hate esper control. There I said it.

any how, I've thought about saving up and going vintage but I realize that I like to change things up a lot, so standard kind of suites me best.

Yeah, the 60 mile round trip is what really killed it. Sometimes it sucks living in the middle of nowhere.

(Not relevant, but I've been off being a competitive TF2 Medic.)