Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Magic the gathering

I remember when I lived in the middle of no where with out a car. that sucked. Still you should probably try to get out of the house once in a while. Well if you can afford it.

I wasn't impressed with born of the gods set. IMO it sucks. So I haven't been playing much magic lately. that plus I'm broker than broke. I'm overdrafting my checking tomorrow again this month because I ran out of funds. And that's even with my dad spotting me some money.

I've got a real money problem. I need it and don't have it. Magic is for people who hate money.

Oh, I do get out of the house. I just couldn't see the point in driving all that way to something I lost interest in.

>Magic is for people who hate money.
    Legacy format especially.
    I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!

Well I basically give up magic the gathering. Now I'm into weis shwarz. It's much easier and you don't get mana fucked! I love it. But it's new in america and I have to drive an hour away to get cards. quite expensive too. 4 dollars a pack of 8 cards. 70 for a box of 20 packs. Expensive as hell. And not as much value in them either. I don't care I like it better.

Also the fact that SAO is one of the sets is a major motivator for me. That's what got me into the game.

that and because it's so new here (been around for years in japan) not many people know about it. A very small fallowing. I begged my local card shop to start stocking it for me. They played like they couldn't order it even though I know damn well they can! It's made the same people making yugio and vangard. both of which they carry.

any how there's my update on magic.

I have finally freed myself from magic the gathering.

Now I'm addicted to force of will which is way cooler (force of will). It's anime + you don't get mana screwed. And it's also cheaper than magic for now any way. That plus (and what makes it get any better than all that you might ask) You don't get stuck with billions of commons because there are just less commons per pack than magic. Sure that might sound like you're getting ripped off but you really aren't I don't see a need to store all those boxes of commons. Oh Oh There's more! The cards are more powerful than magic cards and the combos are much easier to understand

I could go on and on about all the pluses but it's still so new so hardly any one is playing it yet. I have to travel and hour away and the bummer of it all is that it's on magic night so obviously most nerds want to play magic not force of will. If I can just get a cult following going on around here it would be sweet.