Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow So... our forum is back, but....

Okay. What's the situation now with the lost posts from 2010 onwards? Are they now considered gone forever (like deleted Doctor Who stories from the 60's), or is there still a possibility that they may be recoverable?

If you've got nothing better to do... click this

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDalek View Post
    Okay. What's the situation now with the lost posts from 2010 onwards? Are they now considered gone forever (like deleted Doctor Who stories from the 60's), or is there still a possibility that they may be recoverable?
    All I would need is a database backup from this time period that you speak of and I could import anything from all posts to one easy enough. It could help me if someone who was/is in the know about such things would contact me and educate me, possibly even provide some or all of the missing files, I'd certainly love to see it back in full.

Specifically, it may help me if you could tell me as much about the missing post as possible, author, thread title, date range? Doctor Who might even be a key that might help, I'll get back to you on that.

Right now I'd settle for even a few images that are missing to start with, maybe if I start small it will, "Like a snowball on a hill" grow. I was pretty happy with the collection that was saved, but if your telling me there is still stuff I could get? saved for the group and available? You could quickly become my new best friend.

For example, there were 100's of avatars and emojis at some point before "whatever" it was that happened, but only maybe 2 dozen avatars and the 11 emojis were left.

Actually, just you mentioning it has already helped, I was told, the site died at some point, and assumed that what was left was all there was.

Feel free to send me a PM

Thank you

Sadly, i possess no such backup and it would be impossible for me to recall any specific post that is missing.

I don't have backup but I made posts before it went on lockdown again in 2016is I think. Whenever that was. I made a post about Ellen Dubin, I think, look for Nobility, possibly mentioned The Time Is Right. I was taking about new projects with Garner Haines and Jeffrey Hirschfield kind of stuff.
    You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation. I have no sense of self preservation and can always be reassembled. --790

OK, thanks so much for helping, things I have learned today. This database was taken from a point when the board had 3005 topics, topic number 3006 is titled Temporary fix that we can see in the announcements. There is another database with 6895 topic's in it and it topic 3005 through 6895 are still available. I will fix it soon.

I need to examine this other database, as it is much smaller in physical size and I don't yet understand why that is. It is possible I will be able to continue the repairs as requested.

Fun project, thank you for the opportunity lilltelexx community!

So, after further research it looks like about 2 years worth of extra topic's and I will not have the last 2 days included. I can live with that. Provided the other database is not corrupted or something, I should be able to get it corrected in a few days or less.

I'm on it, give me a little more time to search for these topic's in some of the other databases. The database I used was the current one in use, but I can see there are about 6 different ones all with slightly different names. Keep in mind this project involves trying to clean up, from it looks like multiple people over many years.

If you can salvage the entire database and all those files, I would be curious to see if they go as far back as 2004 or even further. That might be some of the original forums from when Lexx was still broadcasting.
    You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation. I have no sense of self preservation and can always be reassembled. --790

Well.. Looks like I can log back in again. For some reason I had my moderator privileges back a few days ago, then a few days later I reverted back to regular user :)
    I did get an odd message first time I successfully logged in after a password change: "vBulletin Message - Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.littlelexx.net/forum/forum.php)"
    But that message never came back on subsequent log ins

Another odd quirk... The index.php page at www.littlelexx.net seems to link to http://www.littlelexx.net/forum/forum.php, but every subsequent link (i.e. to a forum section or settings menu) redirects to the littlelexx.net domain (without www prefix). While this in itself is not a problem, it does make it look like you are not logged in even though you are since the logged in session is for littlelexx.net - not www.littlelexx.net
    This had me confused for quite a while until I noticed the domain change in the browser's URL ;)