Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gela
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    Gela!!! We need a translation!!! :)
    too late, pinhead ;).
    Gela our teutonic Goddess, can you translate the text for us? I'd be really interested in what the translation is.

I promise to kiss your feet! *figuratively of course*

Quote Originally Posted by CoDe64

from a web dictionary:

plunger

A device consisting of a rubber suction cup attached to the end of a stick, used to unclog drains and pipes. Also called 'a plumber's helper'
    Or..

Plunger - A device often used by turd chasers (plumber) to unclog toilets :twisted:
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mmlover
    Gela our teutonic Goddess, can you translate the text for us? I'd be really interested in what the translation is.

I promise to kiss your feet! *figuratively of course*
    too small written for me so I can hardly read it :(. besides...as I said before...there's always someone faster than me (and for sure someone who can do it much better than I could.).

at first I will thank you all for the pleasure. But I think PaintedPony has not said the hole truth, espacially the first site is realy fun and full of insider gags . The second and third page are more mainstream and the last site is again funny, not so funny as the first one, but more funny than the second and third :wink:

gela, do you need a bigger version of the comic? did you already saved the files? Because maybe the Explorer makes the picture smaller at it is
    X-Box Live rockt! Lexx rockt! GEGEN NAZIS!
    X-Box Live Gamertag: xBrunnen Gx
    Spiele ?ber Live: Halo 2, Forza Motorsport, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    Mitgr?nder des X-Box Live Clans Killah Potatoes www.killah-potatoes.de.vu

Quote Originally Posted by gela
    there's always someone faster than me (and for sure someone who can do it much better than I could.).
    Well not me Gela, neither faster nor better - I'll be away for the next couple days anyway. I'd love to give it a try though, maybe this weekend, but I don't know if I'll find the time so don't hold your breath, pinhead and mmlover. Maybe someone else would like to start...?

And Zilla, some of the insider gags will be very hard to translate...

V.E.B. Gulissnbau L?ipzsch :smt082
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves
    For they shall never cease to be amused.

Lexxellent. This apparently came out in November of 1999: Deutsches Mad # 015. Does anyone know if the North American edition of that upstanding journal of political and social commentary also carried it? (Sadly, I would think not, since Lexx hadn't cracked the U.S. market yet. Has it now?)
    Stanley Tweedle is a god, a warrior, and a gent

I can read the print just fine, it opens up nicely for me when I clicked on the pics above on this thread...Hope someone will translate it for us... :twisted:
    "Welcome to Heaven, here's your harp.....Welcome to Hell, here's your accordion.." G. Larson

The text is pretty lame IMHO, you're better off enjoying Xev's grimaces. Sure you want a translation? ...

~page 1~

DREXX - The Curd Zone
    from the I-think-I'm-fucked-Dept.

Lexx: I'm the Drexx, the most powerful weapon in the two universes. I am a giant spaceship with enough firepower to destroy entire planets. Therefore a band of intrepid rebels has... oops, wrong movie! Anyway, I'll just babble at you with one of those voices from the phone sex commercials that are on at this time of night. And when I'm ...moan... in really good spirits, I'll exterminate a few billion lives as well. My crew and I will simply bore them to death with directionless plots, confusing dialogue and special effects by folks who've just spent five years locked away in a padded cell with nothing but an old Nintendo for company...

Stan: Hi, I'm Stanley Shneedle*, the arch traitor and comic relief. I furthermore control the Drexx, which just goes to show you it's always the greatest morons that drive the biggest cars. Ever since my friend Fantasio died of AIDS, I'm forced to accept whatever lousy jobs I can get. I can count myself lucky, though: in the past, I'd have been an organ-grinder collecting small change in a tin can.

Kai: I am Brai**, last of the heroic Herpes C warriors. Our war against the insect scoundrels went just fine, until they snuck up on us while we were doing our hair - we're totally helpless for hours then!

Xev: I am Zex and was rebuilt for just that! I've looked completely different twice before now, but this time they let me have my say! For example: I got that "Barbie" logo removed from my back! By the way, could anybody tell me why the Drexx unoriginally looks like an ill-humoured dragonfly?

Kai: Well, actually it/she looks more like the body part that takes control of most men when they see you... good-humoured!

Cube: Resistance is futile!

790: I am 4711! When I'm not boring everyone with my clever remarks, I'm working as a ..."love ball"...!*** No, not with our permanently-in-heat Zex, but with Brai! - It's the only way you can get him to change his facial expression!

*Penis
    **Broth
    ***I have no idea what a "Liebeskugel" is.

~page 2~

Xev: Today I'm totally contemplative again. You can tell because I'm not rolling around on my bed meowing and there's no 0800* number on screen right now. So many questions! Is there a god? If so, why did he let them mess up my bangs like this?

Stan: I got one too! Is there a plunger somewhere around here? Cuz if not, we're neck deep in ...

Scruffy Guy: Hello, this is the customer service dept of Obi-Wan's DIY store**!

Xev: Say, do you stock plungers?

S.G.: Yes, but that's outside my province, and my co-worker is having lunch right now. And we'll be closing in five minutes anyway. You better come back tomorrow. Bye!

Stan: Hm, sales personnel hasn't really changed over the millennia...

Alien: Dammit! Somebody nicked my stage decoration again!

Stan/Lexx: But we really need that plunger! And to drive that point home, we're gonna blow up that planet!

S.G./Obi-Wan's: I'll better not think about what customers like these might do for a refund...

S.G.: We have an amazing selection of detergents! Only (blah blah about RTL II TV)

Xev: Cool! Those look just like the things we used to extract my acting class from the producer's intestines...

Kai: We better hurry, lest you get sold off as a bog brush!

PLOP!

Xev: That's so unfair! You always get the dramatic scenes and I have to dangle from stuff in lingerie!

Kai: Take it easy! One day, perhaps, you'll be dangling from stuff without lingerie!

Xev: And I wonder why I can never free myself even though I've got all those nasty alien genes inside me!

Kai: Why? It's the same with most young mothers! Though in your case a talent gene would indeed have made more sense! Well, at least you have a talent for making people yawn!***

*or whatever area code the jack-off-while-u-pay lines use over there
    **OBI is a DIY store chain
    ***awful pun; yawn and gene sound similar in German

It goes on and on like that, except there're more puns and in-jokes. Those aren't very translator-friendly!

That was cool, thank you Mrowth.. :-D

I got a good chuckle out of it :smt023

Mmmm, Liebeskugel....
    Stanley Tweedle is a god, a warrior, and a gent