Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks for doing the translation, Mrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrowth..
    The text is pretty lame IMHO, you're better off enjoying Xev's grimaces. Sure you want a translation? ...
    What da shit? Are you serious? They knew the series like Brai and Herpes C and they attacked after tehy frisiert his hair. Its very good, becuase they knew the series, like the Mantrid Drones on the left. Make a better parody, Mroth......., I think you cant, do you?
    X-Box Live rockt! Lexx rockt! GEGEN NAZIS!
    X-Box Live Gamertag: xBrunnen Gx
    Spiele ?ber Live: Halo 2, Forza Motorsport, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    Mitgr?nder des X-Box Live Clans Killah Potatoes www.killah-potatoes.de.vu

Yes, I tought it (the text/writing style) was "pretty lame", not that I didn't enjoy it (and thanks for the scanning and uploading) or that it was all bad, but the writing... ugh. Classic MAD style; if you like it that way, cool, but it does get old after a while... (hm, do they still have Don Martin?)

And of course you have to know a few things about something you are going to parodize. That alone doesn't automatically make it good.

So, what da shit? Da shit, InMyHumbleOpinion of course, is:

Tired jab at Star Wars, irrelevant puns (4711, Herpes C, Brai...), poking fun at all-too-obvious targets (Kai's hair, trashy sex, Stan's a dork, Xev's a cartoon),...WE CAN SEE THAT. It's pretty damn OBVIOUS that Kai has a bun orthat Xev looks like a toy and has puffy lips. Heck, that's what the episode "Woz" was about. By all means make fun of it but that's not too original.
    I thought it was a little like making a parody of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by coming up with even worse Vogon poetry and an even more depressed robot. No need - HHGG already does a fine job there all by itself.

(How on earth did they manage to avoid making "the dead do not ..." jokes or poking fun at the necro drooler community? Kai comes across as a disinterested smart-ass, that's all.)

Sure, it does have some valid points; there really are quite a few Lexx eps that follow the "tricked, captured, Kai saves the day"-formula being parodied here. And I did enjoy Xev's "nachdenklich" moment. Great face. Very Xevvy.

And the Mantrid drones were a nice touch. I also liked the very Lexxian look of the assorted bad guys, and Pippi Longstocking's cameo (not that that's anything to do with Lexx). I liked how they (the drone arms) tore up the page at the end, as that actually had something to do with what they were, besides "arms". I guess I would've done more with them and brought in some "grey goo"/nanites and "Borg" references, left out the Drews and RTL II stuff instead, ...of course you might then think my ideas "lame", but hey, that's how it goes. Different strokes for different folks, To each their own, etc., etc., etc.

IMHO. :p

PS: I don't know if I could write a better parody. Certainly not on demand. And I'm not feeling funny right now (can you tell? heh).

:jump:

I'm just surprized that there is a German version of Mad Magazine :shock: I guess we really do rule the world :oops:
    My name is Pinhead and I approve of this post.

Hmmm, yes. But as I understand your post, I have to say, that it is a wonder, that we have such a good parody of Lexx. As you know, in germany, there wasnt big success with the Lexx Series. So thats why I am very impressed. But you are still right that not the hole comic is original. But after reading your post with the translation, I realy thought that you said, that the text is completely shit :wink:
    X-Box Live rockt! Lexx rockt! GEGEN NAZIS!
    X-Box Live Gamertag: xBrunnen Gx
    Spiele ?ber Live: Halo 2, Forza Motorsport, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
    Mitgr?nder des X-Box Live Clans Killah Potatoes www.killah-potatoes.de.vu

Great job Mrowth..!
    IMHO the texts are often pretty lame in MAD, but I always loved the little gags in the background :-D

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    I'm just surprized that there is a German version of Mad Magazine :shock: I guess we really do rule the world :oops:
    There are lots of German versions of American things, pinhead, only most of them suck :roll:
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves
    For they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrowth..
    I have no idea what a "Liebeskugel" is.
    :smt040 Yeah right... :smt083

Pull the other one, it's got bells on! :smt077 :smt077 :smt077
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves
    For they shall never cease to be amused.

Agh! I really don't know! My best guess is it's stimulating jewelry that goes into the private parts... or ...something. *shrug*

And I didn't understand the bellringer-ish comment either... then again... bells... heh... just... ok.

sheesh...

kids these days...