Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Highlights of my day... Well not much, till I got off from work, got some beer, and know I will be off the next few days!! That makes me so happy :-D So, my highlight was the end of the work week for me, for a few.
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Rooks. Just watching them pecking and searching for food, having their little quarrels over pieces of old bread, listening to their voices and being near them makes my day. I love corvines. Such beautiful creatures - funny and dignified in the same moment, clever... They're sweet.

I had also great fun observing several sparrows at the bus station.
    Then I met two friends of mine and we chatted for a while...
    It's been a nice day so far.
    Where five hamlets are the unit for judgments, supremacy is attained; where ten hamlets are the unit for judgments, there is merely strength.
    [...]
    Govern by punishments and wage war by rewards; seek transgressors and do not seek the virtuous.

Finally solving an episode of Murder She Wrote! WOOHOO!! :-D

OK, I know it won't mean anything to you folks that I'm bouncing around my room in glee for finally working one out, but I've watched it on and off for years and never got it! I'm sure you all find it bleedin' obvious, but I just don't think in the right way for this type of story.

GO ME!
    Ruin

Tetchy is my middle name...

Go you Ruin, Go you! :D
    For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours and laugh at them in our turn. Jane Austen

Thank you. I have to make the most of it now cos I'm sure it won't happen again. :-D
    Ruin

Discovered that my first grader managed to wear her pajama pants under her sweat pants to school today.

At least I didn't send her to school just in the pajamas.

my highlight of the day was to see my daughter performing in a school play. I am really proud of course ;). she's the orange little "Savanna animal" sitting right in the middle...sorry for the low quality of this pic, it's is taken from our daily newspaper, I took some better pics of course, hehehe

She looked so cute in the pics you sent me. I bet you were the very proud mother. :P

You know how you get called into the bosses office, you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach like, uh oh.

Well....I got called in...to be told..... They were changing my Grade level (didn't know we had any such thing) and that I got a 6.2% raise!

Yay! We usually don't get raises until July, but I got one last year about this time in addition to the other one. *does the happy dance and saves for a trip to New Orleans*

1) Finding some silly cute mini metallic marker pens for just 49p each.

2) Getting some more Chai.

3) Finding that there's a Lemony Snickett Blank Book: a neat little hardback notbook with quotes and pictures and stuff. Cool! I needed a new dream diary.

4) Finding a Malteaser Celebration in my advent calendar.

5) Getting a signed copy of Jonathon Stroud's the Amulet of Samarkand.

6) Finding out that the entire Batfink is out on DVD.

:-D
    Ruin