Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

FF: Death and Life

Hi Lexxians!

Here it comes: my very first FanFiction.
    I beg you, please be patient with me, as it is my first try.... :oops:
    Also, I?m not a native speaker, if something troubles you....please let me know, I?m always happy to learn a better English. ;)

My story is quite long. I counted so far 234 pages raw written material, not finished and not translated.
    I decided to put the first chapter, the epilogue, up now, so that I can update the story from time to time and you can read....(k... I promised it in the chat yesterday :-D )
    The Epilogue contains not news to you, I think, but I have to start somewhere...............

The rating of the story should be adult, because later there will be erotic and violence too (not together, of course).

I hope you enjoy it. I will post the story at the fanfiction.net later, too. But for that I need a little more chappies.
    Ready for the Epilogue?
    Here it comes................

Death and Life

*Disclaimer*

Epilogue

Xev lay in her big, circular bed on board the Lexx. She slept and dreamt for the thousandth time of Kai. The only man in her life she was really addicted to. Her love was very one-sided, because Kai was dead. For this reason he was incapable to feel - or to show only the slightest reaction to her sometime really desperate efforts to worm some out of him.
    In her dreams now, he was maximum alive, and in her fantasy, she acted out everything what wasn?t possible in her reality.
    A smile appeared on her face and she snuggled deeper in her silken pillows and blankets. She pulled a pillow closer to her and embraced it tightly. In her dream it was Kai. Smiling she whispered his name and wanted to kiss him ? but, as always at this point, her dream faded away and she woke up. Disappointed, Xev opened her eyes when the cold reality hit her, a reality cold as Kais body really was. She struggled with her blankets and put them away with a sigh. Slowly, she dressed herself, her thoughts far away in her recent erotic dream. It was one of the few things that kept her hope up, the hope that her dream would come true anytime.
    Hope ? could there be any for her? For Kai? Sometime, maybe, but until that day would come, she was doomed to wait. Xev left her chamber, she decided to go to the bridge, maybe there were news which distract her a bit. But her feelings directed her to the cryochamber first, automatically.
    The chamber was quiet. Only the constant humming of the cryo-units was hearable. It was very cold here, and Xev shivered a little, the clusterlizard inside her didn?t like the cold.
    One of the cryopods was occupied and she stopped in front of it. Inside laid a black clad figure, apparently sleeping peaceful and calm. Xev often stopped by to talk to her deep frozen love, to clear up her feelings. It was easier when he was frozen and sleeping than awake. She couldn?t expect any reaction in one way or the other, so it was less painful if he wasn?t wake.
    Sometimes she only stared at him and was lost in reverie. Kai was a very attractive man, the paleness of his skin stood in deep contrast to his black clothes and the raven black hair, which was stuck together in a complicate bun on his head, except for his lovelock at the left side and the braid on the back. Xev?s eyes searched his face, his expression was calm. >Nearly peaceful< she thought. Her gaze wandered over his right cheek, where the burgundy tattoo was. Both, the hair and his tattoo were so unique for his people ? the BrunnenG. Kai once had explained her that the tattoo marked the way of his people from the DarkZone into the LightZone. Many thousand years were gone since that day. The BrunnenG had been abolished, like so many other people destroyed by the hands of His Divine Shadow. Kai was the last one alive ? well, existing was the more correct word. In physically meaning Kai was dead, killed in action during the last heroic battle between the BrunnenG and the armies of His Divine Shadow. Kai?s destiny had been sealed this day, an unimaginable, inhuman destiny. As last of his people, he had been killed by the hands of His Shadow himself. His soul and memories were stolen as well, everything that Kai once was, had been wiped out in one merciless moment. But that hadn?t been the end. His Shadow, as the insect he was, hated everything human, especially the BrunnenG, which once had destroyed his own race thousands of years ago. He wanted revenge?he wanted to punish Kai?s people beyond their death. Kais body had been taken to the Cluster, to the bioscholars, who changed him into an unstoppable, indestructible killing machine. The leading assassin of His Divine Shadow and all successors for 2000 years. An instrument of horror, a dark legend among all those other assassins. He killed and he tortured all of His Shadow?s enemies, without asking ? without call it into question. As the mindless assassin he had been, he followed the orders of his Shadow without hesitation. Until the day he had met them and got his memories back.

Xev wiped a tear from her eye. How many wrongs can be done to a single human being? Every one of them had his own sad story, but in Xevs opinion, Kais destiny was the teariest. 2000 years doomed to murder, no volition, no soul, no memories, far longer no feelings, no wants. His condition now was better, but far from being a fair existence. It was her deepest wish that he could be alive some day. It must be possible to unban him anytime ? without
    annihilating his existence. ?Oh, Kai?, she whispered. ?I wished that my hope will fulfil itself, you don?t deserve that!? Xev painted a small heart at the frozen top of the cryopod. ?Life ? and death, can be so unfair sometimes!? Full of sadness she turned after a while and continued her way to the bridge.
    It matters not
    If the cause is lost
    And we cannot stop the tide
    We will fight to the end
    And then fight again
    It will be a good way to die

I have a feeling that Xev and Kai cuteness will ensue at some point (hopefully crosses fingers). Please do continue :D :D :D ! It's good so far.
    In Florida, we have one common rule during Hurricane season: Anything that blows in from the neighbor's yard automatically is yours, so put the car in the garage.

Great story, Aenea Endymion,
    I liked the way Xev finally gets it on with Kai; I'm also glad you added that little touch that Kai has & how he responds to things, especially since he's dead. I do hope you continue on with the story & can't wait to read more.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz [smilie=xev-h.gif] [smilie=zev.gif]
    Happy Spring

Looking good, Aenea. Can't wait for more!

:D Thanks for the nice response! :-D

I see, you want more?

okay, here?s chapter 1:

Chapter 1

A small incident surrounded by boredom

They hadn?t stopped since three weeks. There were no news, nothing to explore. This edge of the universe seemed to be really empty. Uninhabited planets, civilisations long gone. The last time Xev, Stan and Kai had been together, was when the Lexx had received an emergency call. It came from a space station, orbiting around a little brown-green planet, as they discovered soon. Xev remembered the desperate people there. They were scientists and researchers working on the space station. Their work went out of control, when a super virus had been created in one of their bio labs. Within a few hours he had infected and killed half of the people there. The other half fled to a secure sector of the station and survived. After their government refused to let them return to the planet, although they were not infected, it was the only possibility to set an emergency call and wait for help. A slim hope ? but the only one. It was obviously that the government shirk responsibility and so, it abandoned the people on the station to their fate. The Lexx received the emergency call, but Stan wasn?t very enthusiastic when he heard the reason of the emergency. He wasn?t in the mood to get infected with a virus and would have continued their flight immediately ? if Xev hadn?t ?convinced? him very fast of the opposite. She had argued with him that it was better to help those poor people, and besides, they could sent Kai to evacuate them. A virus wouldn?t have any effect on him. Xev had to smile when she thought about Stan?s growling agreement.
    They evacuated the relieved scientists back to their home planet. The government wasn?t amused and tried to anticipate their efforts. An exasperated Stan stopped the arguing very soon. He threaten to destroy the parliament building with Lexx?s immense firepower. That was to much for the government, and they gave in.
    Kai inspected the station during that time and gave advice to destroy the station ? with it the virus with all its danger. The Lexx solved the problem within seconds.
    The scientists had been so happy that they invited them to stay for a while. They gave them fresh food supply and everything they needed. It was the time when Stan finally melted ? and of course ? the whole rescue action had been his idea from the beginning. Both, Xev and Stan were happy that they could eat real food again after such a long time. They both were sick of the green goo produced by the Lexx. Kai was dead, so he needn?t any food at all. He returned into cryostasis right after the inspection. It disappointed Xev, but two days full of best food and entertainment lifted her mood a bit, even though the sadness remained about the fact that Kai would never participate in something simple than sharing fun with each other.
    Then, they continued their way.

This had been three weeks ago. Three weeks of slowly trickling time and pure boredom. Xev reached the bridge and 790 greeted her loudly: ?There she is ? the dream of my sleepless nights ? my beauty queen!? Stan, who had fallen asleep in his commando stand, blinked and growled annoyed: ?Shut up, you ugly, pertly tin head. I need my sleep!? ?I wished it would last forever?.!? Answered 790 and bared his digital teeth. Xev sighed and asked herself why she had come here. After her sweet dream and the heavy thoughts in the cryochamber she felt a little swamped with those squabblers. ? Is there no day without arguing?? she asked. ?Uh-oh, hi Xev!? Stan sit up a bit. ?I would stop, if he delivered himself into space?? 790 announced malicious. ?Now, I wouldn?t do that ? but I could throw you into space ?? Stan gnashed. ?Stop it, both of you!? Xev interrupted. ?News?? Stan shook his head. ?Nope, a med-station, six uninhabited planet-systems. Not really exciting, isn?t it?? Xev sighed again: ?Alright, I think I?ll take a shower then?!? ?Take me with you, my delicious likable flower!? 790 begged. ?No, no way?? That would be the last thing she needed ? 790 observing her under the shower. ?Please, pleeease Xevvv?? 790 cried digital tears. Xev shook her head and was just about to answer when a loud <crash> ringed through the Lexx. She looked astonished and inquiring at Stan: ?What was that?? ?It came from the cryochamber.? He remarked. Xev froze for a second, then she whirled around: ?Kai!? She stormed off the bridge.
    It matters not
    If the cause is lost
    We will fight to the end
    And then fight again

Bad eyes...

It looks like a good story, but I must say I have real difficulty reading it all in bold text.
    This post goes to eleven.

What's gonna happen, who's gonna get braced, and please write more soon! You seem to have a knack for writing, as well.
    In Florida, we have one common rule during Hurricane season: Anything that blows in from the neighbor's yard automatically is yours, so put the car in the garage.

ACK! What happened in the cryo-chamber room? *bites her knuckle waiting for more*

Okay, Lexxians!

Before mmlover bites all her knuckles.... :-D
    I think I can continue with chapter 2.
    It?s a bit longer...I hope you like it.

@FunkET: no bold text anymore! ;)

Have fun...

Chapter 2

Awakening

When Xev had left the cryochamber minutes ago, she already had been to far away to hear the waking sequence of Kais cryopod. Kai had programmed the system in a kind, that Xev, Stan and even the Lexx could wake him everytime if necessary. And with the modified time-slice-programming he could check at his comrades from time to time on his own, if they ever get into trouble and had no chance to reanimate him.
    But this time, none of these cases happened. It had been the system control of the pods, which initiated the wakening sequence itself. The system control was programmed to register every change in the bio values of its inhabitant, if there were unusual changes it has the order to initiate the waking sequence immediately. In Kais opinion there was no need to control his condition, as he lacks the required bio values, but Xev insisted on it and reminded him that some parts of his brain were still functional. Besides ? one never know! Kai had finally given in. After all, it seemed that Xev?s stubbornness paid off. The system registered irregularities with his brain activity and initiated the waking sequence.

Cold?it was unbelievable cold. Far to cold to breathe. Every try resulted with a burning in the lungs. Breathing. He remembered.
    Breathing?
    Why should he do that?
    Wasn?t he long dead?
    His thoughts only flowed slowly, they seemed to come to him from far, far away. They weren?t nearly detectable in his mind.
    Coldness.
    Anything from far away told him, that it was cold.
    Coldness?
    Memories of a snowy and icy landscape appeared in his mind. Thoughts were forming itself slowly like a constant flow of ice. It was cold, too cold to move one?s limbs. A chilliness which?hurts, first of all when you breathe.
    Breathing.
    Kai opened his eyes.
    The dead don?t feel coldness. The dead don?t feel pain and they certainly didn?t breathe! And he was dead since 6000 years!
    Did he dream?
    No, he hadn?t dreamt for 6000 years, too. The dead do not dream.
    What happened here?
    Completely confused he tried to clear his mind. But that was difficult. A new wave of sensations, he shouldn?t have, swept over him.
    Confusion. Disorientation.
    What was that for a reality he was in? Was it real at all?
    Kai recognized the cryochamber and risked a step out of his cryopod. He realized that his movement wasn?t as smooth as it should be. He opened his mouth again to draw breath. It ended in a dry cough, but slowly the sharp pain in his lungs faded. He tried to diagnose his condition. Without success. Only a small part of his microscopic biochemical implants responded to his request. Was he going out of alignment again? That seemed to be the most logically explanation to him ? but?there was something different, something strangely different.
    His millennia old memories offered him another explanation:
    He was able to feel?
    Kai?s rational intellect rebelled against that. How could that be? After 6000 years of undead subsistence? From one moment to the other ? alive again? He couldn?t believe that. But didn?t he feel? The pain in his breast, the chilliness on his skin?he could feel that. Kai couldn?t deny that. What happened to him? Kai faltered and crashed against the cryopod. With huge effort he finally sat down at the bottom of his cryopod and covered his head with his arms. A flood of memories swept over him; weird, alien memories of other people, memories of not longer theoretical concepts of emotions?It was to much for him ? for his untrained mind. He barely noticed Xev and Stan, when they raced into the room.

Xev was the first who arrived in the cryochamber. Her eyes searched hectically for the cause of the noise she had heard. Finally, she recognized the empty cryopod and at the bottom the dark figure of Kai. ?Kai!? she screamed and ran at his side. ?What happened to you??

With sheer willpower he accomplished to concentrate. There was something within him, what hadn?t been there before ? sensations ? and something more. Kai anticipated anything bit by bit, but he was far from certainty. He had to long been dead for that. He had forgotten what <alive> really meant.
    ?Kai? Are you okay?? he heard someone asking through dense fog. Slowly he lifted his head. As he opened his eyes he looked straight into Xev?s anxious face. She knelt in front of him. Kai shook his head. No, nothing was okay.
    Xev was extremely worried. Kai was far away from acting normal. She feared protoblood-failure and asked him: ?Do you have sufficient protoblood?? Kai closed his eyes half and nodded. This had been one of the first things he had checked on. Xev seemed to be at loss and looked at Stan. ?Oh no, don?t ask me! You know what happened the last time he acted?weird!? Xev nodded. But this was different. She stood up and checked the cryopod control. Several lights were glowing red. ?Do you know what that mean, Stan?? she asked. Stan joined her and checked the system again: ?Hm, no idea, really. I?m not aware of any similar case. But none of us woke him, the time slice has four days to go. I can?t detect any malfunction. Must be the system control, which initiated the waking sequence.? Xev?s face turned reflective and looked back at Kai. ?Do you know the reason the system woke you?? she asked. Kai opened his mouth to talk. ?N-o.? It sounded terribly rough and hoarse. Kai closed his eyes and tried again. ?No.? Far better, but it was difficult for him to coordinate breathing and talking, he was unaccustomed to it. Xev frowned and touched his hand apprehensive.
    This now, lead to Kai?s frist truly visible reaction: He jerked. Xev advanced backwart ?startled. What was that?
    Kai wondered ? he had felt her touch! The warmth of her skin let tingle his own cold flesh. He held his hand up and looked at it. It was truly different. ?I...? he gulped, ? I felt that Xev,? he looked up into her face, this time with a clear visible expression of astonishment on his face. The only other person showing more amazement was Xev. ?You felt?? she asked. ?You felt that?? Kai nodded. A chuckle made its way up her throat.
    This couldn?t be real ? or could it?
    But he had told her that he felt it, hadn?t he? And his facial expression! ?Kai?? her voice nearly broke. ?How?do you feel?? The ex-assassin tilted his head and thought about it for a moment. ?Confused?? He looked back at her. ?This word should describe my condition as best.? Xev tried to stay calm. <Kai?felt> Was it a dream? She nipped into her skin. No, that wasn?t a dream. It was real ? none of her dreams. She touched her mouth with her hand, tears sprang into her eyes. ?Oh boy,? she heard Stan say. He leaned on the control-unit and looked at them both. She breathed deeply. Her hands were trembling ? all this happened really!
    Kai watched her curious. ?Are you okay?? Xev burst out laughing. ?Sure, I never felt better!? Hear heart beat faster. It was unbelievable. ?Maybe 790 could check on him?? suggested Stan. It was obvious that one of them should retain control at least. First of all, if a deadly ex-assassin wasn?t sure what was happening to himself. Xev nodded: ?Yes.Yes why not. Kai?? The BrunnenG agreed. With 790?s help they might could diagnose his condition more dependable. His own system diagnose was no help any longer. Still his most important systems were running, the protoblood supply for example, but the question was, how long would it last? Kai didn?t note that he suddenly tip to one side and lost his consciousness. His mind needed a downtime ? It was all to much for him.
    Xev apalled and held him. ?Kai?? she asked anxiously. But he showed no reaction. Xev laid him down on the floor and touched his cheek softly. She frowned, did she err or was he really a little warmer than usual? Stan returned with 790 and put him onto the cryounit control. ?It?s better when we check him?he isn?t acting normal!? Xev nodded absent. ?790?? ?Yes my sweetheart?? ?Please check Kai, okay?? ?Must I?? the robothead asked unwillingly. ?Yes, you must. Stan, please help me to put Kai back into his cryopod. I want to know what?s wrong with him!? ?Are you sure tin-head is able to find out what happened to him?? asked Stan niggling. ?You ugly fourth class protein bag! Of all things you must questioning that? You, who isn?t able to cope his everyday life? Grrrr?? 790 was pissed. Xev rolled her eyes. ?Stop it! We have more important things to do!? Stan poked his tongue out at 790 and assisted Xev by moving Kai from the floor back into his cryopod. ?Do only I think so, or is he really less heavy than before?? Xev was confused. Normally Kai was very heavy ? in consequence of decarbonisation. She stroke some of her ringlets back. ?790?? A holographic picture of Kai?s body appeared on the console, when 790 started to scan Kai?s bodyfunctions. He started with the brain, compared the new data with older information he saved on his memory chip. He mumbled and muttered. In his opinion it would be better if nothing would change with the saved information, if this dead one would stay dead! Then only Stan would remain to be rid off, before he could finally be alone with his love ? Xev. A very savory imagination! He mumbled on, but no, he had to check this inanimate piece of flesh. Admittedly?hm?790 was confused a bit, after he compared scan after scan, he seemed to be less dead than he had been. The old data in his memory showed no activity in his limbic and primitive brain. Only parts of his cortex had shown some activity. But he had to actualize his data. This wasn?t the fact any longer. ?Now, what is it?? asked a highly impatient Xev with truly visible fear for Kai?s well-being. ?I?m detecting some changes?let me say?explicit changes, to be honest.? ?What for?changes?? Stan wanted to know. He still wasn?t sure what he should think about all. 790 rolled his eyes, instead of an answer he projected an old scan and the brand-new scan next to each other onto the console. One of the scans stayed mainly dark, only few regions were glowing orange, the colour for activity. But the second scan was very different. He was competely coloured orange. ?What does it mean?? asked Xev. ?Give me a kiss ? and I let you know!? 790 looked amorously at her. Xev sighed, sometimes he could really be a pain in the ass. But she wasn?t in the mood to argue. ?If you want?? She bend forward and gave him a quick kiss on his metal surface. ?Oh my dear, my love pumpkin!? 790 rolled his eyes ecstatically. ?And??? she pushed. ?His brain is fully functional now, what describes his ability to feel?this parts weren?t definetly functional before!? Xev looked from the holographic images to Kai, then back to 790. ?You mean he is??? ??alive?? 790 continued. ?Yes, unfortunately, it can be described in that way. Anyhow, I?m the only one who loves you!? ?How is that possible?? aked Stan curious. Xev has held her breath when she listened to 790?s diagnose. This was the acknowledgment! Her heart started to beat faster. ?What?s with his other bodyfunctions, 790?? ?If you?re interested in that minor important information?? answered 790 bored and started to scan the whole body of the BrunnenG, comparing the new scans with the old ones. Columns of data flickered over the holoimage. ?I detect some insignificant changes. Because of his altered body I haven?t had any significant data until now. But I can detect some changes in his protoblood structure.? ?What do you mean with changes?? Xev wanted to know. Stan bend forward and looked curiously at the holoimage. ?The structure is changing on a cellular/molecular level. Maybe a virus. Whatever exactly it is, it is highly aggressive and changes the structure very fast. We can see the results with his brain and I suspect that it will effect his body as well. Recarbonisation is only one effect.? ?A virus?? asked Stan. ?Maybe this virus he came in contact with on this space station?? he shrank back. ?I hope he won?t infect us!? ?Is there any risk for an infection for us. 790?? Xev demanded to know. ?No, the potential virus is absorbed by the protoblood and was isolated there. But if Tweedle feared an infection, he could sterilize himself in space?? 790 grinned malicious. ?For some this virus meant death ? for him he it maybe meant life!? Xev whispered. ?What will happen to him now?? ?I assume by means of my data, that the infected blood will spread all over his body, once he had left cryostasis. That means that a possible regeneration/transformation of his body is in full activity. To express it in rough words.? ?And what will happen to his non-biological parts?? she asked on. ?His body will repel them.? ?Does this process mean any harm to him?? ?Potentially. If you still have use of him, I would advise to remove those parts.? 790 grinned through gritted teeth. He already knew Xev?s answer. But what should he do? To deny any help meant to hurt her. And this was out of the question, he couldn?t do that! ?Of course?? she started. ?Ahhh?.Xev,? Stan interrupted her, ?You?re talking about a surgery. Don?t you think that this might be a number to big for us?? ?Not for us, 790 and the protein-regenerator.? Xev was hell-bent about that. ?Asides from that, his body isn?t still that alive. If we remove his <equipment>, we are not going to damage him seriously. He will recover with the help of the protein regenerator when his body will contain protein again.? ?Nevertheless, you can strike my name off the list. I have my problems with ? surgeries.? Stan agitated. Xev growled: ?You won?t sneak out of it, won?t you? Or let him down? Now that he could need your help? After all, he had saved your ass often enough!? Stan cleared his throat: ?Hmm, now, see?? The snarl turned into a suspicious lizard growl. ?I?ll do my best,? he agreed finally. ?Alright, 790, when do you think he will reach the point we can start with it?? ?I?m not sure, hours, maybe days?it depends on the speed of the process.? ?Good, you observe him, 790, otherwise we have to wait, what else should we do?? Xev sighed. Stan nodded: ?I?m looking for some tools for the surgery. We can?t do it with our fingers only!? ?Thank you Stan?? she smiled grateful. ?It?s okay,? he mumbled and walked out. 790 shut himself into diagnose/observation mode and Xev wanted to leave, too, when she recognized a small movement.
    It matters not
    If the cause is lost
    We will fight to the end
    And then fight again

Oh My!!! i absolutyly love thsi story, please write more. i cant wait till the next chapter
    God may have created man before woman, but there is allways a rough draft before the masterpiece

our website http://www.freshstartauctions.com